Last week in New Orleans at VeeamON, Veeam announced their new Availability Suite v10. This is a major release that is the culmination of their vision to go from just “backup and recovery” to “always-on availability”. This week John and I headed to Bourbon Street to capture the details on v10 from the Veeam Experts (Michael White, Clint Wyckoff, Michael Cade and Anthony Spiteri). We also ran into our own COO Sanjay Poonan who shared his thoughts on Veeam and the value of partnerships . Enjoy!
VeeamON Key Announcements:
- Built-in Management for Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
- Scale-Out Backup Repository — Archive Tier
- NAS Backup Support for SMB and NFS Shares
- Veeam CDP (Continuous Data Protection)
- Primary Storage Integrations — Universal Storage Integration API
- DRaaS Enhancements (for service providers)
- Additional enterprise scalability enhancements
Show Related Links
- VeeamON 2017
- Availability Suite v10
- Veeam Community Podcast
- Michael Cade’s VeeamOn Shakedown
- Anthony Spiteri Wraps up VeeamON 2017
- Jorge Delacruz Wraps up VeeamON en Espanol
- Sanjay Poonan does Carpool Karoke
Big shout out to Michael Cade for co-hosting this week while John was drinking frozen concoctions on some beach in Mexico. Michael Cade is a Technical Evangelist at Veeam with a strong focus around Storage & Virtualization. You can follow Michael on twitter @MichaelCade1. Also be sure to catch him on the Veeam Community Podcast.
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a weekly technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each week Pete Flecha (@vPedroArrow) and John Nicholson (@Lost_Signal) bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud.