Organizations across industries are adopting hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI)—and for good reason. Not only is it powerful, flexible, and cost-efficient, it’s also a fundamental building block of the software-defined data center (SDDC). But as interest in HCI has grown, the market has become saturated with purchasing options.
With so many competing offerings, how can you ensure you’re getting the best HCI solution for your business? The best solution will have five key characteristics that will benefit you today, tomorrow, and beyond.
Before you make a purchase decision, review these items and make sure they’re part of your evaluation criteria.
Five key features of a future-proof HCI solution
- A good HCI solution is simple to operate and manage. Reduced complexity means more time spent on strategic initiatives and less time spent on specialized IT services and training. Look for infrastructure silo reduction, rapid deployment and maintenance, and policy-based management.
- Both users and the business demand performance—and your HCI solution has to deliver from Day 1. Before you make a purchase, make sure the solution you’re looking at is optimized for all-flash, and is able to scale predictably with minimal infrastructure latencies.
- Every business wants to save money, but not at the expense of quality or performance. Make sure you get it all, with an HCI solution that can lower CapEx, OpEx, and TCO while providing comprehensive data management and an efficient scaling model.
- Technology is changing fast—and it’s not slowing down anytime soon. Your HCI solution should be resilient enough to handle the demands of today, and flexible enough to adapt to shifts in the future. Look for a solution that allows you to choose the vendors that you want, a future-proof design, and “grow-as-you-go” scalability.
- Make sure your HCI solution has proven availability, with built-in resiliency, zero data loss, and near-zero downtime.
Invest in the best
Taking the time to research and find the best HCI solution can help you make the choice that will move your business forward.
HCI powered by vSAN meets all five criteria and more, transforming industry-standard x86 servers into radically simple hyper-converged infrastructure that eliminates high IT costs, reduces management complexity, and removes performance limitations.
Read the Essential Guide to learn more, and to get a comprehensive checklist that will help you narrow down your purchasing options.
Read the Essential Guide A Buyer’s Guide to Hyper-Converged Infrastructure.