Because there is so much to cover in vSphere 6.5 the Virtually Speaking Podcast decided to dissect it into a multi-part series. Last week we kicked off the series with Part 1 vSphere 6.5 Security with Mike Foley. This week we bring in VMware Product Manager Brian Graf to walk us through the enhancements to vSphere HA and DRS.
Brian Graf is a Senior Product Manager at VMware for Distributed Resource Management (DRS). Previous to Product Management, Brian worked as a Senior Technical Marketing Manager at VMware, focused on PowerCLI Automation and ESXi Lifecycle technologies. His background previous to VMware includes Operations Engineering, Virtualization, Business Intelligence, and Exchange/Blackberry Engineering. Get notification of new blog postings and more by following Brian on Twitter: @vBrianGraf.
Show Related Links
- Introducing vSphere 6.5
- vSphere 6.5 Product Page
- Brian’s Blog: vTagion.com
- vSphere HA blog series
- Part 1: http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-ha-part-1-ui/
- Part 2: http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-6-5-vsphere-ha-whats-new-part-2-admission-control/
- Part 3: http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-6-5-vsphere-ha-whats-new-part-3-orchestrated-restart/
- Part 4: http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-6-5-vsphere-ha-whats-new-part-4-vm-restart-priorities/
- vSphere DRS blog series
- Part 1: DRS Advanced Options – http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-6-5-drs-whats-new-part-1/
- Part 2: Predictive DRS – http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-6-5-drs-whats-new-part-2-predictive-drs/
- Part 3: Proactive HA – http://www.vtagion.com/vsphere-6-5-drs-whats-new-part-3-proactive-ha/
The Virtually Speaking Podcast
The Virtually Speaking Podcast is a weekly technical podcast dedicated to discussing VMware topics related to storage and availability. Each week Pete Flecha (@vPedroArrow) and John Nicholson (@Lost_Signal) bring in various subject matter experts from VMware and within the industry to discuss their respective areas of expertise. If you’re new to the Virtually Speaking Podcast check out all episodes on vSpeakingPodcast.com. Be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and Soundcloud.
One comment has been added so far