VMware and Fujitsu are pleased to announce the availability of the PRIMEFLEX for VMware Virtual SAN based on the new Virtual SAN 6.2 release and the enhanced VSAN Ready Node Consumption Options.
Fujitsu has been a key partner in VMware’s Virtual SAN 6.2 launch on February 10, announcing the enhancement of the VSAN Ready Nodes concept by adding the options of pre-installation, flexible licensing and support. Uwe Neumeier, VP, Global Server Business, Server Platform, Fujitsu, discusses the value Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) systems bring to Fujitsu’s Business Centric Data Center initiative.
New High-Density 4-node VSAN Ready Node Model
With the new release of PRIMEFLEX for VMware VSAN, Fujitsu introduces a special high-density VSAN Ready Node model (CX) based on the Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY CX400 M1 system, perfectly matching the scale-out requirements of a hyper-converged infrastructure. Here are some highlights:
- PRIMEFLEX for VMware VSAN – CX is based on Fujitsu Server PRIMERGY CX400 M1 system featuring 4 half-wide dual socket server nodes with up to 8 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors, 64 DIMMs and 24 disk drives in a single 2U enclosure delivering highest computing performance per rack
- The high-density design consumes 50% less rack space compared to standard rack servers enabling extensive scale-out scenarios while reducing data center footprint
- The Fujitsu Cool-safe® advanced thermal design reduces cooling costs by up to 27%
- Hot-plug server nodes, power supplies and disk drives enable enhanced availability and easy serviceability
- With the “Fujitsu System Architect” Fujitsu provides a purpose-built configuration tool that enables easy configuration and ordering of a complete HCI system resulting in faster time to production
- Fujitsu offers a single point of contact for support for both the hardware and the software which translates into easier collaboration and faster resolution times
For more information on the PRIMEFLEX for VMware VSAN – CX model, visit: http://www.vmware.com/go/virtualsan-hcl
Ready to try out Virtual SAN? The Virtual SAN Hands-on-Labs gives you an opportunity to experiment with many of the key features of Virtual SAN. To find out where Virtual SAN would fit in your environment, sign up for a VSAN Assessment. This free, one-week analysis can reveal where Virtual SAN can reduce cost, eliminate complexity, and increase your agility. Sign up today on the new VSAN Assessment page!