By Loretta Brown, Vice President Federation, VMware
I am very happy to share that today EMC and VMware jointly announced the availability of the new VCE VxRail™ Appliance – a hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) appliance exclusively from EMC, VMware and our partners, and the easiest and fastest way to stand up a fully virtualized VMware SDDC environment.
Jointly developed by VMware and EMC, VxRail is another compelling example of how our companies are able to bring the best of virtualization and software defined storage, along with the most complete Hyper-Converged Software (HCS) experience, to market.
VxRail is ideal for general purpose IT applications, Enterprise Edge, VDI, Virtual Environments, Test/Dev, and departmental workloads. It leverages VMware’s full hyper-converged software suite, includes unique VMware automation and EMC software, can be installed in NSX virtualized networks and can be clustered with VSPEX Blue appliances. It also serves as an upgrade path from EVO:RAIL (VMware) / VSPEX Blue (EMC).
In the context of the VMware-EMC alliance, this and every decision we make to join forces on a product is taken with our customers’ best interest in mind.
VCE VxRail Appliance Customer Benefits
- Turnkey – the most fully integrated, preconfigured, and tested hyper-converged infrastructure appliance for VMware HCS that seamlessly integrates with existing VMware eco-system management solutions for streamlined deployment and management in VMware environments
- Flexible Pricing Configurations – multiple configurations allow flexibility to buy just what you need – from low entry to workload consolidation to all-flash performance
- Scalable – starts small and scales on-demand – from 40 VMs to over 3,000 VMs
- Feature Rich – includes a full suite of industry-leading data services from EMC and VMware, including compression, deduplication, replication, backup, and cloud tiering
- Simplified Support – provides end-to-end, one-call support with a single point of accountability for all hardware and software
But don’t just take our word for it. Our customers already see the benefits of VxRail.
- Take the Renault Sport Formula One Team, who needs to move their appliance with them to each race. They anticipate that switching to VxRail over their previous solution will save them $200K in annual shipping costs alone!
- And at the VxRail digital launch event, FUJIFILM Medical Systems spoke about how they want to use every VMware tool available, as soon as it’s available, and that the value in VxRail is all about the software integration. You can see and hear more about FUJIFILM’s experience with VxRail here.
In addition to the many customers mentioned in this announcement, VMware is also a customer—utilizing VxRail in 130 development sites globally across the company.
More great information on VxRail can also be found in the following blog posts from other VMware and EMC executives:
- Chad Sakac (EMC/VCE): VxRail: An Incredible Product At An Incredible Time
- Yanbing Li (VMware): New VxRail HCI Appliance from VCE Offers the Fastest and Easiest Adoption of VMware Hyper-Converged Software
To me, VxRail is another great example that illustrates VMware’s leadership in hyper-converged software and the power of the EMC Federation (EMC, Pivotal, RSA, VCE, Virtustream, VMware) to deliver best of breed solutions that help customers accelerate their digital transformation.