Highlight of changes in this release:
- vFabric SQLFire in 15 Minutes gets new users up and running on SQLFire with a quick tour of features and functionality.
- The ALTER TABLE command now supports modifying table columns even after you have loaded data into the table.
- SQLFire query plan output and documentation have been updated.
- The CREATE INDEX command now supports creating case-insensitive indexes for CHAR and VARCHAR columns.
- Improves performance and usability for disk stores and persistence.
- The Event interface used in the AsyncEventListener API was updated.
- Sample source code for the DBSynchronizer event listener implementation is now installed with the SQLFire product.
- Supports single-hop access from a thin client for SELECT statements that use aggregates.
- A SQLFire locator or server member can now provide JMX Manager services for the distributed system.
- Queries that use the GROUP BY clause are optimized.
- Queries that can be converted to use the getAll operation in the GemFire component are optimized..
- The VSD tool is now packaged with SQLFire
- Includes internal changes to support rolling upgrades in future releases of the product.
- Bug fixes and usability enhancements
For a complete listing of all the changes and fixes, please refer to the release notes.