It’s been 4 years and one week since we’ve changed the first number in the application version number for vFabric Hyperic and the open source version, Hyperic HQ. In that time, a lot has happened, including being acquired by VMware. This latest release, marks the culmination of 4 years of integrating Hyperic into VMware’s processes and product lines, and establishes it as a fully integrated part of VMware’s vFabric cloud application platform.
|>> Download vFabric Hyperic 5.0
- Better support for vFabric products. New plugins to monitor and manage tc Server 2.7, Web Server 5.1, and GemFire 6.6.2 are available (vFabric Hyperic only).
- Support for vFabric Postgres only as a database backend. The new release standardizes how Hyperic collects and correlates millions of metrics per minute on VMware’s own vFabric Postgres and PostgreSQL. For more on this change, read Why Hyperic is Going to Support PostgreSQL Only As a Backend Database.
- Available as an appliance. Hyperic can now be installed as a VMware appliance.
- Marketplace member. Hyperic plugins and versions of Hyperic installs are available for easy download and use on the VMware Solution Exchange in the Cloud Application Management Marketplace BETA.
- Performance improvements. Scalability of your web applications is critical and a major driver of modern apps to cloud infrastructure. Continued focus on this area results in Hyperic being able to meet VMware engineering standards of performance in large (over 2000 servers) environments.
- Bug fixes. Integrated into VMware’s world class support team, Hyperic engineering focused on reducing the bug backlog for minor customer issues that had not been prioritized previously in maintenance releases.