By Sanjay Uppal, SVP and GM of the VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud BU, VMware
For the third year in a row, VMware has been named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure! Amongst 17 vendors, VMware emerged again as a Leader, positioned furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. This is the third year that the Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure has been published. We’re proud to say that we’ve been there from the beginning—as a Leader each time.
In the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, vendors are evaluated on two parameters: Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute. At VMware we continue to keep our eye focused on what’s ahead and do everything in our power to put resources and motion behind that vision—to execute based on our customers’ needs and the market evolution. We seek to be the conductor, ensuring our customers are enabled to scale their own network symphony.
We believe that work is no longer just one place. Employees must be able to work from the office—wherever that may be—work from home, and work from anywhere. And they should also have access and quality of experience anytime. At VMware, we have always been focused on both customer concerns, such as an inconsistent user experience while working remotely, as well as IT Ops concerns, such as difficulty bringing up and managing the growing number of remote sites. COVID-19 and the move to work from home have only exacerbated these concerns and expanded the number of sites in a network.
Our SD-WAN solution addresses these challenges whether they stem from legacy architectures or a dramatically altered business environment. VMware SD-WAN delivers more than just network improvements. We have invested and continue to invest in our vision for the future:
- VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® is part of our secure access service edge offering—VMware SASE Platform™—that combines our SD-WAN with comprehensive security options for enterprises embracing multi-cloud architectures and SaaS.
- Our 100+ VMware SASE Platform points of presence (PoPs) span the globe, offering the first hop for multi-cloud services.
- The VMware SASE Platform enables sequencing of third-party services to augment the VMware suite of security and connectivity capabilities.
Read the report to find out why Gartner placed VMware furthest in Completeness of Vision.
Thousands of customers around the world have chosen VMware because of our product capabilities, ease of deployment and management, and our ability to deliver dramatically improved network and application performance. We have been recognized and selected in competitive situations for the following reasons:
- Superior application performance, especially of real time applications like voice or UCaaS
- Better visibility/control to manage even large complex networks from a single pane of glass
- Gateway service provides a lower TCO and better SaaS/cloud application access experience, and speeds deployment time
- Integrated, stateful firewall provides perimeter security
- Better resiliency to compensate for bandwidth limitations
- Reduction in downtime through redundant links
- Dynamic Multipath Optimization™ (DMPO) technology that helps choose the optimal network path and implements on-demand remediation if required, even on a single link
- Seamless cloud on-ramp to Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba
To download the complete Gartner Magic Quadrant on WAN Edge Infrastructure, click here. To learn more about how our innovative SD-WAN solution fits into our SASE platform, visit our VMware SASE page. Learn more about SASE and other future-ready workforce solutions in our VMworld news release.
Citation: Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, Jonathan Forest, Andrew Lerner, Naresh Singh, 23rd September 2020
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from VMware.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Follow @VeloCloud on: