Quadrant Knowledge Solutions, a global advisory and consulting firm, just released their Market Outlook: Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN), 2020 – 2025, Worldwide report. We’re excited to be at the forefront of their SPARK™ Matrix for Software-Defined WAN—as a “Technology Leader” scoring highest in Customer Impact and furthest in Technology Excellence.
This is VMware’s second year in this position and we’ve actually moved up in terms of customer impact this year. In its competitive landscape and analysis, Quadrant describes VMware in these terms: “VMware has acquired significant market after its acquisition of VeloCloud in 2017. Amongst the large networking vendors, VMware has gained a substantial reputation for delivering extensive SD-WAN capabilities to support the requirements of large enterprise and service providers.”
VMware scored 8.94–the highest score in Technology Excellence.
VMware also scored the highest in Customer Impact, with a score of 8.5
The SD-WAN Market At A Glance
The SD-WAN market keeps getting hotter. SD-WAN market highlights include:
- The global SD-WAN market grew by 70.0% in 2019, exceeding the growth estimates from SD-WAN analysis conducted in the year 2019 by Quadrant’s software-defined WAN market outlook report.
- The global SD-WAN market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 45.5% from 2020-2025 from a market size of $2.32 billion in 2019 to over $22.01 billion by 2024.
Key Market Drivers and Trends
The report covers the dominant technology and market development influencing the overall global SD-WAN solution and market growth. They are:
- SD-WAN is emerging as a key technology for successful adoption of hybrid and multi-cloud strategy
- The convergence of NFV, SDN, and SD-WAN is helping organizations to achieve their digital transformation strategy
- Continued investments for industrial IoT and industry 4.0 strategies are driving the global demand for SD-WAN solutions
- SD-WAN vendors are expanding their security capabilities and increasingly embracing zero trust security model
- SD-WAN use case of improving UCaaS experience continues to gain significant market traction
- SD-WAN is well positioned to play an integral role of organizations network to support 5G communication
- Service providers continue to play a major role in improving SD-WAN market penetration
The report also examines regional trends and forecasts, as well as market adoption trends by customer type. To read the full report, click here.