With all the buzz around hybrid cloud, we’re happy to share that the VMware vCloud Service Provider ecosystem is continuing to grow, with over 250 vCloud Service Provider Partners offering vCloud Powered and vCloud Datacenter services in over 30 countries. That’s 100% year-over-year growth!
We’re also pleased to reveal that the Cloud Credits Purchasing Program, which gives customers an easy on-ramp to the cloud, is also achieving rapid growth, with 25 VMware vCloud Service Provider redemption partners providing coverage in over 20 countries! That’s double the number of redemption partners at launch earlier this year at VMware Partner Exchange and will continue to grow!
VMware hybrid cloud solutions, delivered by vCloud Hybrid Service and vCloud Service Provider Partners, offer unparalleled extensibility and application portability with reduced cost and risk. vCloud Service Providers can address business needs for data center proximity, specific vertical market focus, compliance requirements and any cloud use case.
Our VMware vCloud Service Providers are embracing the VMware hybrid cloud vision as key to growing their business by implementing VMware network virtualization and utilizing VMware products such as vCloud Connector Advanced. Take a brief look at these examples of how VMware is teaming up with our Service Provider Partners to deliver hybrid cloud solutions:
- iland: 2012 VMware Global Service Provider of the Year, iland announced the availability of iland Enterprise Cloud Services (iland ECS), a self-service cloud infrastructure built on the latest version of VMware vCloud technology. With the implementation of VMware vCloud Connector Advanced Edition, management of the iland public cloud is simplified through a natural extension of the VMware vSphere management platform.
- Phoenix NAP: vCloud Service Provider, Phoenix NAP, implemented VMware’s network virtualization as a business-critical component of their new Virtual Private Data Center (VPDC). This has allowed them to dynamically create virtual networks with advanced security services, completely decoupled and independent from physical network hardware. This also reduces the time it takes to help customers extend their IT infrastructure to the cloud and more easily adopt IaaS to improve business agility.
- NTT Communications: One of the world’s largest telecommunications providers, NTT Communications will deploy VMware network virtualization as a core technology for its new cloud service, Enterprise Cloud. By doing so, they will be able to provide customers seamless connectivity between cloud infrastructures and better support customers’ cloud migrations.
- NaviSite: Delivering innovative cloud solutions for its enterprise customers, Navisite has partnered with VMware to integrate VMware’s vCloud Director into their newly announced NaviCloud Director solution, which is designed to provide cloud-based businesses a more flexible, customizable, enterprise-class, production-oriented hybrid cloud environment.
- Logicworks: A cloud computing and managed hosting provider based in New York, Logicworks is using VMware network virtualization to accelerate business velocity. VMware network virtualization also helps to simplify customer onboarding for Logicworks, enabling them to bring on more customers in less time, while lowering both operational and capital expenses.
- Skyscape: Skyscape has announced that it is leveraging VMware vCloud Connector to enable customers to securely connect their existing virtualized environments to Skyscape’s Assured Cloud Platform for the UK Public Sector. With this new capability, organizations will be able to securely connect their VMware platforms to Skyscape’s Pan Government Accredited (PGA) cloud, with the option to scale up or down their available computing capacity according to the changing business requirements.
- Rackspace: Rackspace, the open cloud company, has announced a new offering – VMware vCenter Service – for its Rackspace Managed Virtualization service. This offering will provide managed support for single-tenant VMware vCenter Servers. With this VMware offering, enterprise customers will be able to migrate existing VMware workloads out of their on-premise data center into a Rackspace data center, while leveraging existing tools to maintain control and agility. This will aid customers’ journey to hybrid cloud, while leveraging the reliability of Rackspace.
For those interested in learning more, VMware has launched a site providing information on the vCloud Service Provider ecosystem, as well as promoting vCloud Service Provider listings. Specific enhancements to the site, such as the ability for customers to search for a Service Provider based on specific geographic or technical criteria have been added to better help customers find a Service Provider that is right for them.
VMware is enabling customers to more easily migrate their server workloads to vCloud Service Providers through strategic relationships with leading migration ISV partners who provide solutions for automated cloud migration and onboarding into public cloud environments. These automated solutions offer the bridge to a cloud environment, featuring secure, policy-driven provisioning with a built-in resiliency and effective high availability at its core.
Be sure to visit our VMware vCloud Service Provider Partners at the Solutions Exchange at VMworld 2013, where you’ll be able to speak directly with many of our partners who are exhibiting the VMware solutions they have to offer!