There’s been a lot of buzz surrounding OpenStack in the last year, as users discuss what it means for today’s burgeoning cloud market. Did you know that VMware is a top-10 code and bugfix contributor to OpenStack, and that VMware has helped customers with OpenStack production deployments?
If you’re attending OpenStack Summit next week, be sure to catch these sessions to learn all about VMware’s involvement:
- 11-11:40am: True Hybrid Clouds: Extending OpenStack with Cloud Foundry
- 2:40-3:20pm: OpenStack Networking (Quantum) Project Update
- 9:30-10am: Running the World’s Largest Open Cloud
- 11-11:40am: How DreamHost Builds a Public Cloud with OpenStack
- 11-11:40am: How VMware is Contributing to OpenStack
- 2:40-3:20pm: OpenStack @ eBay: Practical SDN Deployment with Quantum
- 4:30-5:10pm: Running Quantum on Quantum @ Nicira’s Multi-Tenant OpenStack
- 9-9:40am: Hands on Quantum Deployment Workshop
During Wednesday’s session, “How VMware is Contributing to OpenStack,” VMware CTO Steve Herrod will share how customers are using OpenStack with VMware offerings like ESX, Cloud Foundry and RabbitMQ. This is a session you won’t want to miss, as attendees will get a better understanding of VMware’s plans with OpenStack and the software-defined datacenter. Attendees will also be able to learn more about VMware’s efforts to expand Nicira’s contributions to Quantum and Open vSwitch.
Be sure to also catch Wednesday’s, “Lightning Talk: Managing VMware ESX and Virtual Center with OpenStack,” with Sean Chen, Staff Engineer at VMware. During this talk, attendees will have the opportunity to engage with VMware engineering and learn how to provide support for VMware’s hypervisor in OpenStack.
Have some downtime between sessions? Drop by the VMware booth and learn how VMware Network Virtualization enables advanced OpenStack networking, as well as how Cloud Foundry extends VMware’s commitment to Open PaaS. There will also be demos around Nicira/vCNS and Cloud Foundry at the booth!
OpenStack Summit is sure to be an informative event, with plenty of workshops and design sessions to attend and opportunities to engage with the OpenStack community. We hope to see you there!