Here are the simple steps for using SBMERGE.EXE on a ThinApp Project…
- Make a copy of the original ThinApp Project WITH the BIN folder and it’s contents (EXEs/Data Container).
- Clear the SANDBOX within the %APPDATA%\THINSTALL folder.
- Run the primary app in the project to be updated.
- Update the app with plugins, settings, updates, modifications. Close the app.
- Relaunch the app and test the updates exist and work.
- Close the app.
- Open CMD natively.
- Change Directories (CD) into the project to be updated.
- Type “SBMERGE APPLY”
NOTE: If successful, the ThinApp Sandbox for this packaged app will have been removed from %APPDATA%\Thinstall.
- Execute BUILD.BAT within the project just updated by SBMERGE.
- Run new version of ThinApp packaged app to test updates/mods.
- Deploy via AppSync, Side-by-Side, MSI (via ESD), etc.