Here are Step-by-Step instructions on how to create a ThinApp package of FilZIP. This was done with version 3.06 but will work with any version of FilZIP. These are provided "as is". Your results may vary.
The following items and knowledge is required for use of this procedure:
- A clean built VM with no other installations.
- Familiarization with instructions on how to virtualize a software product via ThinApp (see, "How to Make a ThinApp Application" on http://blogs.vmware.com/thinapp).
- A valid copy of FilZIP (can be downloaded from http://www.filzip.com).
Building a ThinApp package in no way modifies the licensing of the software product you are attempting to virtualize with ThinApp! Ensure you are in compliance with product licenses for ANY software package you wish to virtualize and deploy using ThinApp. Consult your software product’s End User License Agreement (EULA) for reference and questions.
Instructions on How to ThinApp FilZip 3.06
These are the basic instruction you will need on How to ThinApp FilZip 3.06
Start with a cleanly built Windows XP VM.
NOTE: Use the "How to make a ThinApp Application" as a reference.
- Run a ThinApp Pre-installation Setup Capture.
- Close the ThinApp Pre-installation Setup Capture using the red "X" in the upper-right corner.
- Run the FilZip Setup (usually something like FZ306.EXE).
- Select your language.
- Click NEXT on the main setup window.
- Accept the FilZip license agreement and click NEXT.
- Accept to default location to install FilZip to (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Filzip") and click NEXT.
- If you wish to deselect any other languages, do so on the Component Selection window and then click NEXT.
- Select the START MENU location you wish the FilZip shortcuts to appear at – or check the box to NOT create any Start Menu shortcuts or folder. Click NEXT when done.
NOTE: It is suggested to use something such as "ACCESSORIES\FILZIP".
- Click INSTALL to finish off the installation.
- At the Setup Wizard Completion window, deselect VIEW README.TXT but leave the RUN FILZIP box selected/checked and click FINISH.
- On the Registration window, address the registration as necessary or desired.
- On the Associate with Filzip window, ensure all boxes are checked and click ASSOCIATE. DO NOT check the "NEVER ASK AGAIN" box.
- Close FilZip and run the ThinApp Post-installation Setup Capture.
- Modify the package as desired.
NOTE: Default settings work fine.
- Build and deploy the package as desired.