Souvik over at the Sunny Affairs blog has a really great, exhaustively documented, walk through of OpenSolaris 2008.05 running on his MacBook Pro with VMware Fusion.
If you’ve ever wondered about trying out OpenSolaris in a virtual machine, this is a great resource to start with.
VMware Fusion 1.1.3 is now generally available.
The new update addresses six issues, including:
- Boot Camp activation now works with Windows Vista SP1 Boot Camp partitions.
- VMware Fusion 1.1.3 again allows users to enable unbuffered I/O, otherwise known as “Optimize for Mac OS Application Performance,” on Mac OS X 10.5.3 now that Apple has addressed a bug that previously caused a hang under heavy disk load when unbuffered I/O was in use.
- Fixes problem where sound would sometimes not work for VMs created with other VMware products including VMware Converter and VMware Workstation.
- Fixes a problem in VMware Fusion 1.1.2 that caused Shared Folder mounting failures in Linux guest operating systems.
- Fixes a problem where VMware Fusion did not distinguish between Traditional and Simplified Chinese so that if a system language preference was set to either Chinese version, Fusion would always present the Simplified Chinese interface.
In VMware Fusion 1.1.3, this has been resolved and Simplified Chinese is only displayed on systems set to Simplified Chinese by default.
- Updates the Simplified Chinese on-line help.
VMware Fusion 1.1.3 update is a FREE update for all existing VMware Fusion customers and the 1.1.3 update includes English, French, German, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese language support.
To download VMware Fusion 1.1.3, go to: