In August, at VMworld-US, the VMware Cloud team released NEW features for VMware Cloud on AWS
- New Region Expansion: VMware Cloud on AWS service is now available in Asia Pacific (Sydney) Region as well. In addition, it is also available in the AWS US East (N. Virginia) region, AWS US West (Oregon) region, AWS EU (London) region and AWS EU (Frankfurt) Region.
- SDDC Service Offering: VMware offers single, three (New), and four host SDDC configuration. Give it a spin! We are offering these SDDC service at a discount. Get started here
- New high storage capacity option with VMware vSAN utilizing Amazon Elastic Block Stone (Amazon EBS)
- VMware NSX/AWS Direct Connect integration for simplified, and high-performance connectivity
- Deliver a secure, hybrid cloud service for your enterprise
- Secure data with native, software-based vSAN encryption for data at rest with AWS Key Management Service (KMS)
- Application-centric Security and Micro-Segmentation with VMWare NSX
Other features on VMware Cloud on AWS released in July, 2018: BLOG: Learn more about our new features on VMware Cloud on AWS
Start today! Validated your solution on VMware Cloud on AWS
In parallel to the growth of features and capabilities, VMware has had a successful year validating and adding many technology partners to the VMware Cloud on AWS ecosystem. Within a year, we have successfully validated partners in categories such as on-demand capacity, cloud migration, application migration, data protection, DevOps, analytics and many others.
VMware would like to thank our Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) members for supporting VMware Cloud on AWS ecosystem by validating their solutions. If you are a TAP member who has not yet validated your solution on VMware Cloud on AWS, we welcome you to validate your solution on VMware Cloud on AWS and leverage the benefits of our validation program.
To learn more about our joint solutions on VMware Cloud on AWS, please visit the VMware Solution Exchange (VSX). Recently, the following partners have validated their solution: Bitnami, Tableau Software, ClearSky Data, Inc, NetScout Systems Inc, Lakeside Software, Inc., and eG Innovations, Inc. Learn more about our validated partners on the VSX – VMware Solution Exchange.
Leveraging VMware Cloud on AWS enables VMware Technology Alliance Partners to extend their applications that have been certified and are currently running on vSphere into the world’s largest hybrid cloud environment. Current VMware Technology Alliance Partners in good program standing have the opportunity to submit an application to test their application/infrastructure component on VMware Cloud on AWS. The application provides VMware with insights on your application, the services it requires, and the opportunities once testing is completed, to ensure mutual success for both our Technology Partners and joint customers.
There are two simple ways you can test your existing applications or infrastructure components with VMware Cloud on AWS. You will need to schedule in advance a no charge environment through our Real VMC (single host) capabilities to be used for up to 5 days OR you can purchase your own 1-Node, 3-Node or 4-Node dedicated development VMware Cloud on AWS instance at a discounted rate.
No Charge Environments for Testing
Once you have requested and submitted your application for testing and have been approved by the appropriate VMware stakeholders, you will need to schedule your test time (up to 5 days) on a Real VMware Cloud on AWS Single Host SDDC live environment. This testing is not intended for scale purposes but functionality testing in a single host environment. Upon successful testing in this environment and submission an exit survey, VMware will consider the application/infrastructure component tested on VMware on AWS.
Dedicated Development Instances for Co-development and Testing
Any VMware technology partner that wants to have their own instance of VMware Cloud on AWS for development & testing can purchase, at a discounted rate, their own Single Host or Four Host cluster to leverage. The first step to accessing a dedicated development instance of VMware Cloud on AWS is to complete and submit a testing application.
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org to complete an online application for each application/infrastructure component you wish to test. For more information, please contact email@example.com or your TAP Account Manager.
Don’t forget to look into joining the Technology Alliance Partner Program (TAP) before you validate your solution: Email TAPalliance@vmware.com for more information.
Learn more about latest updates on TAP program and TAP partner solutions:
- Follow us on Twitter: @VMwareTAP
- Blog series: https://blogs.vmware.com/tap/
- LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1988264/profile
Learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS:
- Follow VMware Cloud on AWS on Twitter: @vmwarecloudaws
- VMware Cloud on AWS: TAP partner solutions