VMware is proud to announce the immediate availability of the 5.0.1 versions of vShield Edge, vShield App, vShield Endpoint, and vShield Data Security. Each of these updates introduces a number of new features and bug fixes.
Check out the new reporting capabilities in vShield Data Security!
Highlights of the 5.0.1 release include:
- Simplified automation using new REST API calls for vShield Data Security workflows, including triggers for completion of scans.
- Enable download of vShield VIBs (host modules) from vShield Manager, a key step in support for Autodeploy (Stateless ESXi).
High Availability and Policy Management
- Automatic restart of vShield App or virtual machines if a heartbeat is not detected.
- Improved vShield App policy management with the option to fail open or fail closed.
- Option to selectively exclude virtual machines from vShield App protection.
- Improved audit logs for vShield Manager provide detailed information about administrative user actions on vShield security operations.
- Simplified troubleshooting with single file download of vShield system configuration and events.
- Enhanced reporting for vShield Data Security allows users to view data as pie charts and bar graphs – and export this data to various file formats.