The VMware Center for Policy and Compliance is pleased to announce our latest content update for PCI 2.0 in vCenter Configuration Manager ™ (VCM).
PCI 2.0 is right around the corner 2k12 and many of you should be preparing for these audits yesterday!
Are any of you starting to prep for PCI 2.0? Please share your concerns, we want to help! Get CP&C in touch with your QSA.
Here is a sample of what has changed, for more information check out the PCI DSS v2 Summary of Changes doc.
Scope of Assessment for Compliance with PCI DSS Requirements
- Added “virtualization components” to the definition of “system components.”
- Added clarifications including that segmentation may be achieved through physical or logical means
What’s new in this package? Platform support for:
- Windows 7,
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003,
- Windows 2008
- UNIX & LINUX
How does this help you address your compliance needs?
This is at the core of what VMware offers as part of our Trusted Cloud Solution. At VMworld, we announced our PCI self healing Virtual environment around CDE and auto segmentation of VM’s based upon data, defining relationships to those VM’s and continually applying policy & remediation to the entire environment. The Combination of vCM, vShield & VIN make for a Compliance Solution that is unmatched in the market and works for other use cases like HIPAA. (See Diagram Below)
How do you get it the new content?
Customers wishing to harden their PCI 2.0 environment can download the new content via the VCM Content Wizard
Be on the lookout for a free PCI 2.0 checker to be released by CP&C later this year!
Also, feel free to hit us up at:
- on the Security & Compliance Blog or the Virtualization Management Blog
- on Twitter: @georgegerchow and @vmwaremgmt
- on Facebook: IT Management
- at the Management Mastery site
- and at the Management Mastery Forum
George Gerchow VMware Director, Center for Policy & Compliance