VMware Explore US will be here soon: August 29 – September 1, 2022. Meeting and reconnecting with our wonderful customers and partners is one of the best parts of the year for the VMware SASE and Edge teams. We are very excited to see everyone in person (finally!) at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. If you haven’t registered yet, click here and check it off your list!
First, a few late-breaking event updates:
- United Airlines is offering a 10 percent discount on flights to San Francisco for VMware Explore 2022 US or to Barcelona for VMware Explore 2022 Europe.
- The winners of the VMware Explore People’s Choice Awards have been announced!
- Details about The Party are starting to emerge. (If you know, you know.) Wednesday, August 31, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM at the Chase Center in San Francisco.
Customer and partner sessions
Today, we want to spotlight a few sessions that feature our customers and partners.
- VMware SASE and AWS: Building Better Solutions for Customers Together [CEIM1891US] AWS recently announced the general availability of AWS Cloud WAN, with VMware SD-WAN as a key integration partner. AWS Senior Partner Solutions Architect Sudha Thillai Govindarajan will explain best practices and show a demo of how to deploy VMware SD-WAN with AWS Quick Starts.
- Customer Story: Future-Proof with VMware SD-WAN and Windstream Enterprise [CEIB1935US] Mike Frane, VP of Product Management with VMware partner Windstream Enterprise, will highlight their own customer success story with VMware SD-WAN. Windstream helped paper company Kelly Spicers modernize their network, get more bandwidth, slash costs and prepare for a SASE future with SD-WAN.
- A Light in the Darknet: Stopping Cyberthreats with SASE [CEIB1234US] A powerhouse panel of experts from VMware and partner companies MetTel and Coevolve will discuss how the security landscape changes digital transformation initiatives, how to reconcile the needs of the network with the needs of security, and why Zero Trust matters.
- Customer Story: Transitioning from SD-WAN to SASE [CEIB1932US] When an Australian manufacturer wanted to build on their VMware SD-WAN benefits and move to a managed, cloud-first SASE solution, they turned to VMware partner Coevolve. Ciaran Roche, Coevolve CTO, will walk you through the steps they took and the benefits they saw.
- Formula 1: No-Limits Engineering Delivered at the Edge by VMware and Lenovo [CEIB2262US] VMware and McLaren Racing are on a technology-fueled journey that will empower McLaren Racing to freely and flexibly manage, connect, protect, and deliver the cloud-based apps and workloads their teams rely on, wherever they are. VMware Edge Compute Stack is a key component, helping McLaren use bonded networks and smart traffic shaping to deliver reliable connectivity at the extreme edge.
- Customer Story: Nature Fresh Farms Grows with VMware and Dell [MCLB2032US] Canadian greenhouse grower Nature Fresh Farms relies on a suite of VMware products, including VMware SD-WAN and VMware Edge Network Intelligence, to manage the business. Nature Fresh VP of IT and Security Keith Bradley will talk about how their seamless IT system pushes the envelope of how technology can improve agriculture.
- Edge Computing Is the Next Evolution of Cloud [CEIB2222US] Join the CTO of VMware partner MetTel, Ed Fox, as he and VMware experts dissect the edge — a distributed digital infrastructure for running workloads across a number of locations that are close to the endpoint that produces and consumes the data — and explain what it means for innovation and value creation.
- Simplify Your Business Transformation Journey with VMware SASE [CEIB1893US] John Lloyd, Field CTO with VMware partner CBTS, will discuss the real-life technical and security benefits of VMware SASE. He will also walk through the journey of a CBTS customer that used VMware solutions to establish pop-up Covid testing clinics – within 24 hours.