Secure access service edge (SASE) solutions enable working from home or anywhere. VMware SASE™ on Intel® architecture provides a scalable solution that ensures improved and secure application performance in a distributed workforce environment.
A new Intel solution brief shows how virtual services on the Intel architecture-based VNF infrastructure on the VMware SD-WAN Edge reduce the need for additional hardware at remote work locations. This approach allows for fast, efficient delivery of data protection services.
Download the solution brief to learn more.
Built for the distributed world
Enterprises are increasingly distributed and cloud-centric. When users and their apps can be anywhere, pervasive security and optimized connectivity must be everywhere. SASE is a concept that at its core, takes security and application access out of the data center and puts it in the cloud, closer to where applications are consumed.
VMware SASE converges industry-leading cloud networking and cloud security to deliver flexibility, agility, protection, and scale for enterprises and enables WAN and edge transformation. One of VMware’s main differentiators is its network of more than 150 global SASE points of presence (PoPs), managed by VMware and its service provider partners. These PoPs, strategically located in IaaS and co-location data centers, act as an easy on-ramp to SaaS and cloud services.
VMware SASE components include:
- Cloud-delivered VMware SD-WAN virtualizes the WAN to decouple network software services from underlying hardware, providing flexibility, simplicity, performance, security, and cloud scale.
- VMware Secure Access™ is a remote access solution based on a zero-trust network access (ZTNA) framework. The cloud-hosted solution offers multiple benefits over traditional VPN solutions to provide users with consistent, optimal and secure cloud application access.
- VMware Cloud Web Security™ leverages and integrates best-of-breed secure web gateway (SWG), cloud access security broker (CASB), data loss prevention (DLP), URL filtering, and remote browser isolation (RBI) into SASE PoPs to provide secure, direct, and optimal access to SaaS applications and Internet sites.
- VMware Edge Network Intelligence™ is a vendor-agnostic AIOps platform, delivering a rich user experience and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML)-enabled visibility from WAN to branch, Wi-Fi/LAN, and application.
Intel and VMware SASE
VMware SASE on Intel architecture provides a comprehensive and extensible platform that allows users working from anywhere, on a wide variety of devices, to get secure and optimized access to applications no matter where they are located — data center, public or private cloud, web, SaaS, or IaaS. It combines cloud-delivered SD-WAN and security from VMware with Intel architecture-based hardware and software to ensure and enhance user application performance anywhere.
VMware SD-WAN Edges are based on several Intel platforms, using the Intel Atom® and Intel® Xeon® processors, with consistent architecture and capabilities across a range of devices. SD-WAN Edge device capacity requirements are determined by the throughput demands of the applications that are being accessed, and by the number of virtualized network services such as firewalls and intrusion protection that are running as VNFs on the appliance.
With hardware options that support WAN connectivity from 100 Mbps to multi-gigabit speeds, Edge devices enable a coherent environment for management, security, and control across branches while balancing capacity and cost requirements.
Together, VMware and Intel deliver capabilities that make SASE an important part of network transformation strategy to support changing application needs in a distributed world. Discover more in the Intel solution brief.
- Watch Intel’s video about creating frictionless, secure virtual workspaces with VMware SASE
- Visit the VMware SASE website
- Learn about VMware solutions for working from anywhere, with ease