“Poor leadership and misalignment is a people problem and ain’t no cloud ever gonna fix that.” This heartfelt tweet came from a large enterprise engineering lead responsible for private cloud. It gets to the core of a key question: how, exactly, does an IT organization deal with people and process issues on the path transform itself to deliver IT as a service?
To help organizations determine where to start, VMware has launched a new web-based cloud readiness self-assessment tool: http://www.vmware.com/go/getcloudready
By asking you a short series of questions on readiness, the tool aims to give you a profile of readiness around people and process associated with cloud infrastructure deployment, and identify areas of focus. It asks questions in five core areas:
1. Strategy: Does your cloud strategy align business needs/goals with IT capabilities?
2. Process: Are your processes streamlined and automated to support cloud computing?
3. Skills: Is your staff skilled and trained to support cloud adoption in your organization?
4. Architecture: What should you be aware of when architecting and deploying infrastructure for cloud?
5. Alignment: What is needed to ensure accountability and policy follow-through for stakeholder collaboration?
There may be questions you haven’t considered, or you may get validation of your current approach. Everyone gets a personalized report with specific recommendations and best practices from the VMware cloud team.
Check it out at http://www.vmware.com/go/getcloudready