Hello, this is Martin Klaus again from the vCenter Product Marketing team. VMworld San Francisco is less than one week away and it’s bound to be an awesome event for virtualization and cloud management. We have more than 20 management sessions, and the buzz around management is heating up — as Dan Kusnetzky pointed out in his blog. As a track owner for the Private Cloud Management track I get to work with all the presenters of these sessions, and from what I’ve seen I can tell you that each and every session delivers thought provoking, high-quality content. There are too many diverse sessions to summarize in a few sentences, but here are some highlights that you cannot afford to miss:
Management Vision and Strategy Super Session
- SS1040 – VMware Vision for a New Generation for IT Management (Tuesday, Aug 31, 5:00pm)
Ramin Sayar, Vice President of Products, Enterprise Management will discuss VMware’s vision for virtualization and cloud management. This is _the_ session to attend if you would like to understand how VMware’s approach provides purpose-built and policy-driven automation for dynamic environments to reduce management complexity and accelerate your journey to the cloud.
Management and Private Cloud Customer Panels and Presentations
- MA9789 – Virtualization Management Customer Panel (Wednesday, Sept , 12:00pm)
Yours truly will be hosting managers and architects from three leading IT organizations who will share best practices and results from tools and processes they have implemented to achieve 800:1 VM per admin ratios, faster service delivery turnaround times, and 30:1 consolidation ratios for production systems generating an additional $750K in savings on Microsoft license fees.
- MA8338 – Hear From Several VMware Customers Who Have Successfully Built and Deployed a Private Cloud (Wednesday, Sept 1, 1:30pm)
My colleague, Greg Bybee, will be hosting a panel of customers who have successfully implemented early access releases of upcoming technology releases to dramatically simplify the implementation of a private cloud architecture.
- MA8092 — Cloud Futures: The Infrastructure Authority (Tuesday, Aug 31, 5:00pm)
Gartner’s Research VP Chris Wolf explores the emerging role of an “Infrastructure Authority” to be in charge of the growing need to meet security, regulatory and organizational policy constraints of private cloud infrastructure.
Technical Deep-dive Sessions
- MA7140 – vCloud Architecture Design Strategies and Design Considerations (Tue, Aug 31, 11:00am)
- MA8317 – vCenter Chargeback (Monday, Aug 30, 10:30am)
- MA8330 – 10 Best Free Tools for vSphere Management (Mon, Aug 30, 10:30am)
- MA8940 – Self-Service and Workflow Automation for the Private Cloud (Mon, Aug 30, 3:00pm)
- MA8181 – vCenter CapacityIQ (Tuesday, Aug 31, 11:00am)
- MA8649 – vCenter Configuration Manager (Tuesday, Aug 31, 1:30pm)
Again, this is only a short list with some of the management-related sessions at VMworld. Be sure to check out the complete content catalog on www.vmworld.com.
Hope to see you in San Francisco next week!