The IoT and Edge team is pleased to announce VMware Pulse IoT Center 2.0 – the latest IoT infrastructure management solution. With this update, we continue to build on the momentum we started last year at VMworld 2017 and further raise the bar for IoT infrastructure management across all industries.
VMware Pulse IoT Center 2.0 will offer updated capabilities designed to provide customers with broader management, more intelligent operations, faster innovation and better protection. Taken together, these new capabilities support larger IoT deployments—up to 500 million IoT devices—with SaaS support and additional security features. Other features focus on ease of use, simplified management and heightened control:-
- SAAS Support: Customers will be able to consume Pulse IoT Center as an on premise or SaaS solution depending on their needs. SaaS services will be hosted by VMware and VCPP partners.
- Low-touch Secure Enrollment: Minimal touch enrollment and configuration capabilities will be supported for select gateways
- Deeper Edge System Management: Ability to perform Gateway configuration through the action framework (sshd, turn on/off port, IP address table, etc.) as well as provide complete firmware and BIOS updates for selected gateways
- Richer Alerts and Notifications Capabilities: Alerts can now be set for individual managed object or a group of managed objects. Notifications for alerts can be received via email or SMS integration, and through an API into a third-party system
- Enhanced Over-the-air (OTA) Updates: Customers now have more granular control over OTA scheduling, activation, progress status, package type and failure handling
- More Extensibility: RESTful APIs will be available for all functionalities for customer and partner integration, improving extensibility.
- Additional Security Features: Customers will be able to leverage role-based user access and multi-tenancy restrict access for different organizations and use cases.