Today at VMworld 2018, VMware announced that VMware Cloud on AWS is now available in Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) Asia Pacific (Sydney) region. VMware also announced new capabilities that help organizations around the globe to rapidly migrate applications and data centers to a secure cloud service that meets enterprise application needs. Read the press release and learn more:
SUNDAY, August 26
2:00 PM – 4:00 PM — Partner Sales Training Sessions [Mandalay Bay Ballrooms B-D, L2]
These sales sessions cover key topics to help you sell, grow, and win more business through VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware NSX, and VMware vSAN/HCI solutions. Note, these sessions will also be offered on Thursday morning.
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Partner General Session [Mandalay Bay Ballroom E, L2]
Pat Gelsinger, CEO, Brandon Sweeney, SVP Worldwide Commercial & Channel Sales, Jenni Flinders, Worldwide Channel Chief, and a Special Guest Speaker will share their insights into VMware’s strategy and vision and highlight the cloud and services opportunity with VMware.
5:05 – 5:45 PM – Americas Regional Partner Session [Mandalay Bay Ballroom E, L2]
Join Frank Rauch, VP of Americas Partner Organization at VMware, as he discusses why we need to think differently to maintain a mindset of accelerated growth. Partners across all regions are welcome.
THURSDAY, August 30
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM — Partner Sales Training Sessions [Breakers Rooms, L2]
These sales sessions cover key topics to help you sell, grow, and win more business through VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware NSX, and VMware vSAN/HCI solutions.
Be sure to add the Partner General Session and any other partner sessions to your conference agenda today!
The VMware Partner Lounge [Located in VMvillage, Bayside C, L1] opens Sunday at Noon. It’s the ideal place for you to host a customer meeting, or simply network, relax, refuel, or recharge your devices throughout the week. And, new this year are the partner-only theater sessions, spanning various programmatic topics including a session on Master Services Competencies, a PKS Partner Primer, special Partner Spotlight sessions, multiple VMware Cloud on AWS sessions and more. You do not need to pre-register for any of these sessions. Pro tip: Stop by the lounge on Sunday to see the schedule, or browse sessions online, and add your favorites manually to your calendar so you don’t miss this bonus partner-only content running Monday – Wednesday. Seating will be limited.
Download the VMworld 2018 Mobile App from Google Play (Android) or the App Store (IOS) to find all the latest information, update your schedule in real-time, and network with other attendees.
Partners are flocking to join the VMware Cloud on AWS partner programs. In just 6 months, we have over 150 channel partners and over 100 validated software solutions available on VMware Cloud on AWS.
If you are going to VMworld 2018 US and are looking to build your hybrid cloud business, consider adding one or more of the following partner sales breakout sessions to your conference agenda or stop by the Partner Lounge catch a shorter theater session (no need to preregister).
- 3:00 PM – Partner Sales Breakout Session: New Tools and Information for Partners Selling VMware Cloud on AWS [PAR7004BU]
Monday, August 27
- 4:00 PM – Partner Lounge Theater: VMware Cloud on AWS Update for Partners [PAR7401U]
Tuesday, August 28
- 11:30 AM – Partner Lounge Theater: Build Your Hybrid Cloud Channel Business with VMware Cloud on AWS [PAR7500U]
Wednesday, August 29
- 12:00 PM – Partner Lounge Theater: VMware Cloud on AWS Update for Partners [PAR7401U]
- 1:00 PM – Partner Lounge Theater: Build Your Hybrid Cloud Channel Business with VMware Cloud on AWS [PAR7500U]
Thursday, August 30
- 10:30 AM – Partner Sales Breakout Session: Build Your Hybrid Cloud Business with VMware Cloud on AWS [PAR7003BU]
- 11:30 AM – Partner Sales Breakout Session: New Tools and Information for Partners Selling VMware Cloud on AWS [PAR7004BU] <repeat>
This year VMworld 2018 will be home to Cloud City – a fully-interactive event, taking you on a journey through the ultimate hybrid cloud experience. Our Cloud City representatives will guide you through the features of the multi-cloud solution and show you how it can transform your business. You will have the opportunity to explore the benefits of the cloud, gain invaluable hands-on training, and discover the ideal multi-cloud infrastructure solution for your organization.
Veeam, a VMware Global Strategic Technology Partner and VMworld Platinum Sponsor, will be showcasing Veeam Availability Suite and how it complements VMware technologies such as vSAN and VMware Cloud on AWS. The Veeam sessions and activities at throughout VMworld are as follows:
Monday, August 27
- 12:30 PM – Breakout Session: Veeam and VMware: Intelligent Data Management for the Hybrid World [HYP3704BUS]
- 3:30 PM – Veeam Booth Presentation: VMware Cloud on AWS
Tuesday, August 28
- 1:00 PM – Partner Lounge Theater: The Journey to Intelligent Data Management [PAR3878U]
- 3:30 PM – Veeam Booth Presentation: VMware vSAN and Veeam Availability Suite
- 7:00 PM – Veeam’s Legendary VMworld Party
Wednesday, August 29
- 9:30 AM – Breakout Session: What’s New in Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Update 4 [VIN3703BUS]
- 2:00 PM – Tech Talk: Cooking Up Some Veeam Deployment with CHEF Automation [VMTN5617U]
This is your opportunity to preview the VMworld 2018 announcements and access executive briefings on new products and solutions to support customer IT priorities including Modernize Data Center, Integrate Public Cloud, Transform Networking and Security and Empower Digital Workspace. It’s important that you understand the significant partner opportunities and benefits of these announcements and the important calls to action to help you accelerate your business success. Bookmark this URL and access the Launch Briefing Portal on August 21.
Partners that purchase the VMworld 2018 full conference pass, will have access to tailored business- and sales-focused content and sessions through the Partner Forum @ VMworld at no additional charge.
The Partner Forum begins Sunday, August 26.
At the Partner General Session, Jenni Flinders, WW Channel Chief will share insights into VMware’s strategy and vision and highlight the cloud and services opportunity with VMware.
In addition there will be partner sales breakout sessions (offered on Sunday from 2-4:00 PM and Thursday morning) along with 20+ theater sessions offered exclusively at the VMware Partner Forum Lounge (Monday through Wednesday).
And lastly, while the VMware Partner Forum Lounge is the place to catch a theater session, it’s also still the place for you to host a customer meeting, grab a beverage/snack, or simply relax and recharge.
EMPOWER 2018 Global Conference is the new, ultimate partner training event that replaces Partner Exchange and it’s is almost here. Access the Content Catalog to view the very best of our internal technical training that will be available to you throughout the conference. Note that if you register by March 30, 2018, you will be automatically entered into a raffle to win one of three VMworld 2018 Full Conference Passes. Reach out to our EMPOWER Team with any questions. We look forward to seeing you in April at VMware’s top technical partner event of the year!
Whether considering a sponsorship for VMworld 2018 US or Europe, key benefits include:
- Generate qualified leads as you interact with thousands of attendees, including technology experts, practitioners, hands-on users, and key decision makers.
- Increase brand awareness and position your organization as an essential VMware partner.
- Establish thought leadership among the visionaries shaping the new mobile-cloud era of IT through dedicated sponsor-speaking sessions.
- Connect with VMware leaders and experts throughout four days of networking and learning.