The recognition of this award highlights how VMware Cloud on AWS has garnered real-world satisfaction among customers and partners with its agility, innovation, and flexibility. With 3+ years since the launch of this service, we have been releasing lots of new features and capabilities every quarter based on customer’s requirements. Read this post for a quick recap of some key capabilities we have added to the service in 2020 and the learning resources available to you today to help your customers with their hybrid cloud journey with VMware Cloud on AWS.
Bookmark the schedule for the vmLIVEs of interest today. This program consists of daily, live webcasts spanning a wide range of topics designed to drive our go-to-market priorities forward. Following are the top 5 vmLIVEs you may not want to miss next week – register today!
- Cloud Providers: What’s new with VMware NSX Migration for Cloud Director Tool
- APM with vRealize True Visibility Suite: The Full Stack View
- Customer Lifecycle Incentives 101
- Modernizing with NSX Advanced Load Balancer (by Avi Networks) – pricing, packaging, and services
- Storage in VMware Cloud on AWS
Each of these playbooks – Digital Workspace, Future Ready (localized versions here), VMware Cloud Foundation, Virtual Cloud Network, VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere with Tanzu, Tanzu Portfolio – highlights essential information about the solution and products, how to uncover opportunities, and ultimately close deals. Localized versions are also available.
A recent IDC study interviewed VMware Cloud on AWS customers to compare the solution against other public clouds. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to migrate apps to the cloud 46% faster and at 57% lower cost compared to other public cloud solutions. Promote why VMware Cloud on AWS is the fastest, most cost-effective solution for migrating applications using our ready-made digital assets (on the Partner Demand Center) – including downloading this case study and sharing it with your customers.
- 57% lower cost of migration
- 59% less staff required for migration
- 46% faster migration
- 39% lower infrastructure costs
- 83% less unplanned downtime
- 351% 3-year ROI
Take a look at these new campaigns!
- Hybrid Cloud Management – enables organizations to leverage consistent infrastructure and operations for container- and virtual machine-based workloads across hybrid cloud. This new campaign replaces the existing Hybrid Cloud Operations campaign. Register now for the January 20 vmLIVE to learn more.
- VMware Cloud Foundation – the future ready cloud platform that supports consistent infrastructure and operations across the data center and multiple cloud environments. The integrated campaign and interactive whiteboard customer webinar are now available. Register now for the January 29 vmLIVE to learn more.
- VMware Cloud on AWS: Virtual Customer Technical Workshop – accelerate your sales with a virtual customer workshop showcasing VMware Cloud on AWS solution benefits and use cases featuring two modules (Getting Started and Advanced Concepts).
Monthly Open Training Sessions
Join our monthly open training sessions to learn how to find the right marketing activities, execute your first campaign, and more. Monthly session dates and times for all regions can be found on the Partner Demand Center homepage (access quickly through the Partner Connect Marketing page).
New Commercial ELA Expand and Renew Playbook
This guide provides an overview of how and when to approach your Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) customers throughout the 36-month lifecycle in order to maximize opportunities for entering a new ELA upon expiration.
Virtual Customer Workshop Kits Now Available
New VMware Cloud on AWS and Digital Workspace workshop kits are now available for you to host an interactive, hands-on workshop to accelerate sales for these solutions.
New Digital Workspace Partner Solution Playbook
Explore the new Digital Workspace playbook, which highlights what you need to learn about the solutions available, competitive positioning and how to uncover opportunities and close deals.
We’ve just launched the Digital Workspace and VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Playbooks, as well as initial localizations for the Tanzu Portfolio Partner Solution Playbook. As a reminder, all playbooks are available on the Solutions tab within Partner Connect. Keep checking back–there are more localizations to come!
VMware Cloud Director service is a SaaS implementation of VMware Cloud Director – the industry leading multi-tenant Service Delivery Platform for VMware Cloud Providers. Available since May 2020 in US West region, this solution now has a global presence with CDs available in Frankfurt and Tokyo. Having a global footprint means cloud providers can utilize VMware Cloud Director service in their geography to manage infrastructure in their nearest VMware Cloud on AWS data center.
Welcome VMware Cloud Director 10.2 – continuing to be a market leader, delivering highly scalable and NSX-T backed secure cloud infrastructure. Cloud Providers can deliver more economical infrastructure and new application services faster than ever with support for Kubernetes clusters and digital application delivery from VMware Cloud marketplace and custom solutions. Transformation is now simplified (indifferent to the predefined infrastructure and security), allowing customers to focus on their business and transformation strategies all in one platform. Check out this briefing paper.
From fireside chats to product demos and meetings with VMware experts, AWS re:Invent 2020 (Nov-30 through Dec-18) is guaranteed to deliver if you’re interested in learning how you can build, run, manage, connect and protect your hybrid cloud with VMware.
VMware Cloud on AWS is the preferred service for AWS for for all vSphere-based workloads which means there will be a significant VMware Cloud on AWS presence at re:Invent this year. However, you will discover many more solutions in the various VMware-related activities at re:Invent. Get hands-on with AWS Jams and work through the VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer Challenge or learn how you can continuously deliver better software with the VMware Tanzu portfolio of solutions. The 3-week virtual event makes it easy for you to engage with all of our content and activities!
Leverage the VMware @ re:Invent Guide that highlights all of the VMware and AWS joint sessions and activities!