Today we announced our intent to acquire Datrium, a leader in cloud-native disaster recovery, to deliver on our vision to provide a cost-optimized Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solution that can be rapidly deployed and managed as a modern cloud service. Datrium is already a VMware partner offering DRaaS with VMware Cloud on AWS as an end-to-end DR service. The Datrium DRaaS solution offers an innovative, cost-optimized approach with incremental backups that are encrypted, deduped, and stored efficiently in AWS S3. Learn more.
Cloud Providers now is the opportune time to provide Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to your customers. This Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration as a Service solution has many new capabilities, allowing you to deliver tiered DRaaS services for on-premises to cloud Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration, in addition to Cloud to Cloud DR. Customers will get visibility of protection status and DR protection and failover actions. Learn more.
Introducing VMware Cloud Director Service Initial Availability
Available to Cloud Providers who are signed up to the MSP program. Cloud Director Service provides multi-tenanted IAAS services on VMware Cloud on AWS and is delivered as a SaaS service in order to sell smaller chunks of VMware Cloud on AWS IAAS in resource pools to tenants. The value is that this service provides an on-ramp for bigger deals (addressing differing customer tiers with smaller offerings), a unified operating model, and geographic extensibility though a single self-service dashboard. Learn more.
VMware Cloud on AWS continues to gain traction among our partners and customers and with new features and business continuity partner incentives, there’s no better time for you to guide your customers toward VMware’s hybrid cloud solution. Following are some of the new capabilities, incentives, and resources to help you grow your hybrid cloud business.
- Special business continuity incentive that can be used to help your customers avoid infrastructure disruptions, minimize infrastructure risk, and aid remote workers.
- Support for Kubernetes for VMware Cloud on AWS enabling you to deploy a hybrid cloud solution that supports both VMs and containers.
- 2-host Cluster Capability in Preview, to help your customers get started on their VMware Cloud on AWS journey – either to prove value or to reduce the cost of getting started.
- Tune into the VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged podcast series, delivered by VMware experts, covering topics including solution overview, cloud migration, data center extension, business continuity, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Plus, Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS and cloud economics.
- Bookmark the VMware Cloud on AWS blog for all the latest updates.
Visit the Quarterly Launch Briefing portal to learn about the latest releases of VMware Skyline and VMware Cloud on AWS. Check back as other new offerings will be released throughout the quarter.
Yesterday (on June 4) many of your customers joined our Cloud Briefing to get an insider’s look into the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps from VMware leadership and the industry’s leading technologists and thought leaders.
Following the main event, Worldwide Channel Chief Jenni Flinders hosted an exclusive partner segment, touching on the opportunities and benefits of VMware’s hybrid cloud solutions and how to monetize VMware cloud. It also included a panel of partner experts who discussed their own experiences and successes in growing their cloud business with VMware. Click here to unlock all the exclusive content.
Register here for the VMware Cloud Briefing – a global online event on June 4 at 8 am PDT. Join Pat, the founders of Kubernetes and CloudHealth, the innovators behind VMware Cloud on AWS, and more as these leaders describe their visions for the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps.
Additionally – stay online after the main event to join an exclusive partner segment, hosted by VMware Worldwide Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders, to learn more about:
- Growth and opportunity for partners in the cloud space
- How to monetize the hybrid cloud and multi-cloud opportunities with VMware
- VMware’s investment in helping partners build and grow cloud business with VMware (highlighting Partner Connect)
To help you fast-start your hybrid cloud practice with VMware Cloud on AWS we’ve re-vamped the VMware Cloud on AWS page in partner central to make it easier for you to find information and added 25 new marketing assets to help you run demand gen campaigns. Additionally, there is an updated VMware Cloud on AWS partner FAQ and a new VMware Cloud on AWS partner playbook.
At VMworld Europe, we announced the continued expansion of VMware Cloud on AWS in Europe, Asia Pacific and the US, along with enhancements that make it an even more compelling solution for disaster recovery, virtual desktops and applications, and large-scale cloud migrations. Learn more.
We are thrilled to shared that we now have over 200 partners who have achieved the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Competency – just six months since the partner program was announced in March 2018. VMware is now offering three promotions to help you grow your VMware Cloud on AWS practice.
- VMware Cloud on AWS – overall winner in the Hybrid Cloud category
- VMware NSX updates named as a finalist in the Software-Defined Networking category
- VMware vSAN 6.7 – overall winner in the Software-Defined Storage category
Products and services named on this list represent best-in-breed technological innovation, financial opportunity for partners, and customer demand. For the third year in a row, the winners were determined through a combination of editorial selection and a survey fielded to solution providers, who are currently selling both the technology and specific vendor product, to accurately capture real-world satisfaction among partners and their customers.