The recognition of this award highlights how VMware Cloud on AWS has garnered real-world satisfaction among customers and partners with its agility, innovation, and flexibility. With 3+ years since the launch of this service, we have been releasing lots of new features and capabilities every quarter based on customer’s requirements. Read this post for a quick recap of some key capabilities we have added to the service in 2020 and the learning resources available to you today to help your customers with their hybrid cloud journey with VMware Cloud on AWS.
Bookmark the schedule for the vmLIVEs of interest today. This program consists of daily, live webcasts spanning a wide range of topics designed to drive our go-to-market priorities forward. Following are the top 5 vmLIVEs you may not want to miss next week – register today!
- Cloud Providers: What’s new with VMware NSX Migration for Cloud Director Tool
- APM with vRealize True Visibility Suite: The Full Stack View
- Customer Lifecycle Incentives 101
- Modernizing with NSX Advanced Load Balancer (by Avi Networks) – pricing, packaging, and services
- Storage in VMware Cloud on AWS
A recent IDC study interviewed VMware Cloud on AWS customers to compare the solution against other public clouds. VMware Cloud on AWS allows customers to migrate apps to the cloud 46% faster and at 57% lower cost compared to other public cloud solutions. Promote why VMware Cloud on AWS is the fastest, most cost-effective solution for migrating applications using our ready-made digital assets (on the Partner Demand Center) – including downloading this case study and sharing it with your customers.
- 57% lower cost of migration
- 59% less staff required for migration
- 46% faster migration
- 39% lower infrastructure costs
- 83% less unplanned downtime
- 351% 3-year ROI
Take a look at these new campaigns!
- Hybrid Cloud Management – enables organizations to leverage consistent infrastructure and operations for container- and virtual machine-based workloads across hybrid cloud. This new campaign replaces the existing Hybrid Cloud Operations campaign. Register now for the January 20 vmLIVE to learn more.
- VMware Cloud Foundation – the future ready cloud platform that supports consistent infrastructure and operations across the data center and multiple cloud environments. The integrated campaign and interactive whiteboard customer webinar are now available. Register now for the January 29 vmLIVE to learn more.
- VMware Cloud on AWS: Virtual Customer Technical Workshop – accelerate your sales with a virtual customer workshop showcasing VMware Cloud on AWS solution benefits and use cases featuring two modules (Getting Started and Advanced Concepts).
Monthly Open Training Sessions
Join our monthly open training sessions to learn how to find the right marketing activities, execute your first campaign, and more. Monthly session dates and times for all regions can be found on the Partner Demand Center homepage (access quickly through the Partner Connect Marketing page).
We’ve just launched the Digital Workspace and VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Playbooks, as well as initial localizations for the Tanzu Portfolio Partner Solution Playbook. As a reminder, all playbooks are available on the Solutions tab within Partner Connect. Keep checking back–there are more localizations to come!
VMware Cloud Director service is a SaaS implementation of VMware Cloud Director – the industry leading multi-tenant Service Delivery Platform for VMware Cloud Providers. Available since May 2020 in US West region, this solution now has a global presence with CDs available in Frankfurt and Tokyo. Having a global footprint means cloud providers can utilize VMware Cloud Director service in their geography to manage infrastructure in their nearest VMware Cloud on AWS data center.
Welcome VMware Cloud Director 10.2 – continuing to be a market leader, delivering highly scalable and NSX-T backed secure cloud infrastructure. Cloud Providers can deliver more economical infrastructure and new application services faster than ever with support for Kubernetes clusters and digital application delivery from VMware Cloud marketplace and custom solutions. Transformation is now simplified (indifferent to the predefined infrastructure and security), allowing customers to focus on their business and transformation strategies all in one platform. Check out this briefing paper.
Access these Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) sales plays – which include VDI use cases, email templates, and call guides – and share them with your sales teams to enable selling, as well as to complement VMware-built campaigns. Updates are for content only in English.
From fireside chats to product demos and meetings with VMware experts, AWS re:Invent 2020 (Nov-30 through Dec-18) is guaranteed to deliver if you’re interested in learning how you can build, run, manage, connect and protect your hybrid cloud with VMware.
VMware Cloud on AWS is the preferred service for AWS for for all vSphere-based workloads which means there will be a significant VMware Cloud on AWS presence at re:Invent this year. However, you will discover many more solutions in the various VMware-related activities at re:Invent. Get hands-on with AWS Jams and work through the VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer Challenge or learn how you can continuously deliver better software with the VMware Tanzu portfolio of solutions. The 3-week virtual event makes it easy for you to engage with all of our content and activities!
Leverage the VMware @ re:Invent Guide that highlights all of the VMware and AWS joint sessions and activities!
Join us on October 26 to learn how to make the most of VMware Cloud on AWS. Get everything you need from solution experts to optimize VMware Cloud on AWS through Scale on Demand and Cloud migration campaigns.
Take a look at these NEW Partner Demand Center campaigns:
- Future Ready Workforce – to enable ‘anywhere organizations’ to embrace a sustainable work-from-home strategy by providing a secure, scalable, and unified digital infrastructure for today’s distributed workforce.
- VMware Cloud Simplified with Modern HCI (Mid-Market) – enables you to specifically target mid-market organizations to embrace the benefits of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI).
- VMware HCI Expand – will help you leverage early success with VMware vSAN and their customers add more HCI clusters or more SDDC solutions that will ultimately put them on the path to the cloud journey.
- VMware vSphere with Tanzu – for upgrading existing vSphere customers to vSphere with Tanzu, which opens the door for other upsell and cross-sell opportunities. vSphere 7 is key to infrastructure modernization and agile operations.
- VMware Cloud on AWS Scale on Demand – helps you prospects extend on-premises environments to the public cloud and take advantage of future ready, instantaneous scalability with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- VMware Cloud on AWS Cloud Migration – promotes migration of apps to the cloud and modernizing for the future via VMware Cloud on AWS. Additionally, 2-node promotional materials enable partners to help prospects take advantage of on-demand cloud capacity for a 33 percent lower cost.
- Carbon Black Replace Antivirus – enables prospects to consolidate multiple security capabilities via one endpoint agent and console to fit their specific organizational needs without requiring additional agents, deployments, or training.
- Cloud Network Security Content Kit – these materials position VMware Cloud Network Security as the premier distributed security solution for modern data center defense.
Our NEW Partner Demand Center Launched Last Month
With the amazing new interface, you will be able to easily find the right campaigns, download resources, customize content and branding, and quickly generate new demand.
New Partner Demand Center Campaigns are Available
- VMware Cloud Simplified with Modern HCI – enables you to specifically target mid-market organizations to embrace the benefits of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI).
- Future Ready Workforce – enable “anywhere organizations” to embrace a sustainable work-from-home strategy by providing a secure, scalable, and unified digital infrastructure for today’s distributed workforce – watch and share this video and view the campaign guide for a sneak peek.
- Scale on Demand – to extend on-premises environment to the public cloud and take advantage of future ready, instantaneous scalability with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Cloud Migration – to migrate apps to the cloud and modernize for the future via VMware Cloud on AWS. Additionally, 2-node promotional materials enable you to help prospects take advantage of on-demand cloud capacity for a 33% lower cost.
- Carbon Black Replace Antivirus – for consolidating multiple security capabilities via one endpoint agent and console to fit the specific needs of each organization without requiring additional agents, deployments, or training.