Bookmark the schedule for the vmLIVEs of interest today. This program consists of daily, live webcasts spanning a wide range of topics designed to drive our go-to-market priorities forward. Following are the top 5 vmLIVEs you may not want to miss next week – register today!
This week marks the beginning of FY22 and as part of the on-going program governance, this month we will be conducting the Partner Connect Program annual audit. To maintain your current tier level and continue to have access to those incentives and benefits associated with your program tier, all tier requirements must be met by February 28. Please access your Partner Performance Dashboard today and replay the December 17 vmLIVE for more on this topic. NOTE: If you are only missing your Foundational training requirements, it can take as short as 90 minutes to complete.
If your Partner Connect Program renewal is due, RENEW today through your Renewal Dashboard. We continue to post Top Trending Questions on the Partner Connect Program renewal, as well as audit processes and other tools.
The Q1 (FY22) Partner Connect Program Guide currently includes information on:
- New incentives that deliver value across the full customer lifecycle by focusing on customer-centric outcomes that drive strategic and SaaS-driven engagements, create more opportunities, and increase margins by leveraging your unique skills to drive customer value.
- Host Satellite Master Services Competency (MSC) launched on January 8. This program recognizes a partner’s expertise and investment in VMware services capabilities across a region. When the Host partner earns a full MSC, all approved affiliated Satellite partners in a region become eligible to earn a MSC with a subset of requirements. Learn more and review the MSC Program Guide for details.
- Third-Party Crediting for VMware Partners in the Partner Connect Program (VMware started applying credit toward Partner Connect tier credits for VMware Platform sales).
- VMware Cloud Foundation Master Services Competency (achievement demonstrates a deep expertise in server, storage, and network virtualization, as well as cloud management and automation).
VMware Cloud Director service is a SaaS implementation of VMware Cloud Director – the industry leading multi-tenant Service Delivery Platform for VMware Cloud Providers. Available since May 2020 in US West region, this solution now has a global presence with CDs available in Frankfurt and Tokyo. Having a global footprint means cloud providers can utilize VMware Cloud Director service in their geography to manage infrastructure in their nearest VMware Cloud on AWS data center.
Welcome VMware Cloud Director 10.2 – continuing to be a market leader, delivering highly scalable and NSX-T backed secure cloud infrastructure. Cloud Providers can deliver more economical infrastructure and new application services faster than ever with support for Kubernetes clusters and digital application delivery from VMware Cloud marketplace and custom solutions. Transformation is now simplified (indifferent to the predefined infrastructure and security), allowing customers to focus on their business and transformation strategies all in one platform. Check out this briefing paper.
Cloud Providers now is the opportune time to provide Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to your customers. This Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration as a Service solution has many new capabilities, allowing you to deliver tiered DRaaS services for on-premises to cloud Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration, in addition to Cloud to Cloud DR. Customers will get visibility of protection status and DR protection and failover actions. Learn more.
Introducing VMware Cloud Director Service Initial Availability
Available to Cloud Providers who are signed up to the MSP program. Cloud Director Service provides multi-tenanted IAAS services on VMware Cloud on AWS and is delivered as a SaaS service in order to sell smaller chunks of VMware Cloud on AWS IAAS in resource pools to tenants. The value is that this service provides an on-ramp for bigger deals (addressing differing customer tiers with smaller offerings), a unified operating model, and geographic extensibility though a single self-service dashboard. Learn more.
After the deal closes, Octarine will enable VMware Carbon Black Cloud to secure applications running in Kubernetes. VMware has invested heavily in helping our mutual customers build new modern applications, as well as modernize existing applications with our acquisitions of Pivotal, Bitnami and Heptio in recent years. As important as it is to help your customers increase developer productivity, security and operations still matter. Our acquisition of Octarine will help our mutual customers to further protect their modern apps from build to run. Read more.
Use these new and completely integrated Partner Demand Center campaigns and content to help you accelerate your marketing efforts for the new year.
- VMware Cloud Foundation Campaign introduces Cloud Foundation as the hybrid cloud solution for consistent infrastructure and operations (available end of December).
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) Whitespace Campaign is for vSphere customers looking to adopt vSAN.
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) Repurchase Campaign is for existing vSAN customers to expand their footprint.
- Hybrid Cloud Operations Campaign gives organizations the freedom to simplify management of systems and applications across their data center, cloud, and edge (available mid-December).
TRANSFORM NETWORKING AND SECURITY
Cloud Networking delivers a modern network virtualization solution that brings networking and security consistency across heterogeneous sites (available end of December).
EMPOWER DIGITAL WORKSPACE
Zero Trust Security / Office 365 Campaign drives demand for WorkspaceONE as IT organizations are faced with SaaS, BYO, and Remote Work with Office 365.
Managed Service Provider partners can now use CloudHealth on Cloud Provider Hub to provide multicloud end-to-end lifecycle management insights to customers or within their own environments. CloudHealth is the market-leading public cloud management platform offered as a SaaS. Whether you are new to the VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP) or a long-time partner, VMware can help you drive customer value in a multi-cloud world. Read the latest on the Cloud Provider blog to learn more.
CloudHealth by VMware is a market-leading public cloud management platform offered as a SaaS service. It can be used with any major public cloud to maximize customers insight into cloud usage, security, and governance. Partners can now sell CloudHealth by transacting generic SPP/HPP credits, which customers can redeem towards CloudHealth. Partners will also be eligible for transacting and supporting VMware led ELA deals.
Visit Partner University to start working toward earning your Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) Solution Competency.
The newly released NSX SD-WAN by Velo Cloud Partner Promotion SKUs provide qualified partners with access to select NSX SD-WAN SaaS and on-premises software licenses for in-house demo centers, labs, and educational purposes.