Our Outcome-Focused Approach provides a prescriptive set of customer-centric tools and guidance that facilitates conversations focused on customer outcomes. Visit the Outcomes webpage for news and updates around upcoming courses in your region. Additional courses for the remainder of our fiscal year will be posted soon.
Cloud Native Master Services Competency
Accelerate your Kubernetes deep technical skills through achievement of our new Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC).Get started now so that you are prepared to take advantage of the vSphere 7 with Kubernetes upgrade opportunity. Review this overview presentation and FAQ document and…learn more!
Carbon Black Technical Courses & Endpoint Protection Solution Competency
VMware now offers 5 new Carbon Black technical courses with live online classes. While each course is 1-day in length, we recommend taking 3 – 5 courses together in the same week (look for our course-bundle Bootcamp coming soon).
The Endpoint Protection Solution Competency, including the Solution Competency guide, is now available on Partner University. This Solution Competency is comprised of the Endpoint Protection VSP, VTSP, and Post-Sales training. Individuals can earn the badge by completing the course and passing the assessment, and partners who achieve the Solution Competency will be eligible for Solution Rewards on Carbon Black Cloud products. Learn more!
SAVE THE DATE – register now for our next Partner Connect vmLIVE on July 22 @ 8 AM PST to hear about upcoming competency launches, renewal reinstatement, and annual audit information.
- Cloud Native Master Services Competency – target launch is July 17 (more details below).
- Partner Connect Program Renewal process will be reinstated on September 25, 2020 – read the Legal Notification – communications with additional information are being sent to the Primary and Alternate contacts of impacted partners in July and August.
- Partner Connect Business Continuity page showcases how you and your customers can maintain business continuity, stay connected, and find support.
UPDATED Resources & Partner Showcases
- Virtual ‘coffee chat’ series on Power of Partnership blog – last month Rich Steeves connected with Jamison Nack, Vice President of Sales at AHEAD, showcasing how AHEAD is meeting customer challenges with innovative solutions.
- Get answers to the Top Trending Questions in the Resources section of the Partner Connect page.
VMware is expanding the availability of online delivery, doubling down on our investment into partner enablement, and developing new innovative ways to enable your teams so they can adapt to the changing business environment to support your customers’ digital transformation. Take advantage of the following opportunities to build your skills and capabilities.
- EMPOWER 2020, our flagship partner enablement event, is now virtual and will be free to all partners. Learn more and register here.
- The advanced technical Livefire classes are now offered virtually through June globally. Contact your VMware PBM or PSE for more details on how to attend one of the upcoming courses.
- The new Livefire 2020 two-hour virtual sessions will highlight many of the new and cutting-edge areas Livefire Solutions are focused on this year. Sessions are designed to give you a sample of our full Livefire classes and provide valuable enablement you can use to solve your customers’ business challenges today.
- VMware now offers remote proctored exams allowing testing candidates to take their exams from ANY secure location.
- Increase your effectiveness to position and sell services offerings through new online Outcome Focused Approach training and the Solution Builder toolset. Please contact your VMware PBM or PSE for more details.
We are increasing our partner training investment to help you evolve your capabilities, attain Master Services Competencies, and deepen skills to support your customers around Business Continuity and beyond. If you have questions about the above offerings, please reach out to your VMware PBM or PSE for more details.
Last month we unveiled the new VMware Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC) that will enable current and future partners to architect a Kubernetes-based platform. This month, we launched the Cloud Native Master Specialist Badge – a partner’s first step towards obtaining the Cloud Native MSC – targeted to launch in Q1 FY21 (February 1 through May 1, 2020) – that will require a partner organization to have three individuals with this badge and a customer reference.
VMware has unveiled a new VMware Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC) that will enable current and future partners to architect a Kubernetes-based platform supported by complementary technologies from the cloud native ecosystem for continuous delivery of applications. The Cloud Native MSC is intended for those individuals who focus on Cloud Native Operations, Development, Site Reliability Engineering, and DevOps. This Master Services Competency builds upon the VMware PKS Solution Competency introduced in February 2019 to provide partners with the capabilities to offer and deliver VMware PKS and Kubernetes services to their customers.
The first Partner Connect Program Guide is now available on Partner Central. The final Program Guide will be published in February, prior to launch. If you are a Solution Provider, Cloud Provider, or Service Provider you will have new requirements and benefits when the new Partner Connect program goes live. Familiarize yourself with the Program Guide, as well as these other key resources:
Additionally, this week your company’s VMware primary contact received an email communication with the ‘Click to Accept’ VMware Partner Connect Agreement, offering the ability to accept the Partner Connect Terms and Conditions. Doing so allows your company to transact across all business models on Day 1 of Partner Connect launch, February 29, 2020. Finally, use the Partner Connect Transition Dashboard to see your tier prediction based on your company’s current competency achievements. Your company’s designated VMware primary contact is able to grant you access.
Use the Transition Dashboard to see your tier prediction based on your competency achievements. Your company’s designated VMware primary contact is able to assign you access. Reminder, achieving a Master Services Competency in the path most relevant to your business is key to becoming a Principal Partner, the top tier in Partner Connect, offering the most value and rewards for your investment.
Read this post to catch up…VMware Partner Connect will be changing the programs tier structure when it goes live February 29, 2020.
Register now to join the vmLIVE on September 16 at 9:30 AM Pacific. Partners with Master Services Competencies are the ‘go-to’ partners for VMware implementations. This session will focus on the benefits in attaining another MSC, as well as associated requirements for the different areas.