We’re releasing two new technical courses to get you started with VMware Tanzu. In June, we’re offering a 1-day management and operations course for Tanzu Mission Control (read more), and in July we’ll be offering the 2-day Install, Configure, Manage released for Tanzu Kubernetes grid. Combine the two courses to get 3-days of expert, instructor-led content for VMware’s exciting new product portfolio, Tanzu.
VMware Cloud on AWS continues to gain traction among our partners and customers and with new features and business continuity partner incentives, there’s no better time for you to guide your customers toward VMware’s hybrid cloud solution. Following are some of the new capabilities, incentives, and resources to help you grow your hybrid cloud business.
- Special business continuity incentive that can be used to help your customers avoid infrastructure disruptions, minimize infrastructure risk, and aid remote workers.
- Support for Kubernetes for VMware Cloud on AWS enabling you to deploy a hybrid cloud solution that supports both VMs and containers.
- 2-host Cluster Capability in Preview, to help your customers get started on their VMware Cloud on AWS journey – either to prove value or to reduce the cost of getting started.
- Tune into the VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged podcast series, delivered by VMware experts, covering topics including solution overview, cloud migration, data center extension, business continuity, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Plus, Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS and cloud economics.
- Bookmark the VMware Cloud on AWS blog for all the latest updates.
After the deal closes, Octarine will enable VMware Carbon Black Cloud to secure applications running in Kubernetes. VMware has invested heavily in helping our mutual customers build new modern applications, as well as modernize existing applications with our acquisitions of Pivotal, Bitnami and Heptio in recent years. As important as it is to help your customers increase developer productivity, security and operations still matter. Our acquisition of Octarine will help our mutual customers to further protect their modern apps from build to run. Read more.
Last month VMware marked a new chapter announcing a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to help customers modernize their applications and infrastructure. The highlights included the newly expanded VMware Tanzu portfolio for modern applications and VMware Cloud Foundation 4 with Tanzu. This automated, turnkey hybrid cloud platform – that now supports both traditional VM-based and container-based applications – features the new VMware Cloud Foundation Services using Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, and the new VMware vSphere 7 to drive developer productivity.
Take a moment to watch some of the following partner-specific videos from the launch event (or access all 15 of them on PartnerTV) and don’t forget to share!
- Partner Ecosystem and Opportunity
- Partner Executive Roundtable (with three of our ecosystem partners)
- Partner Executive Overview
- Industry Analyst Perspective
VMware is uniquely positioned with the most comprehensive software stack for modern applications—spanning application to infrastructure— to work for you. Be sure to attend EMPOWER Online 2020 Americas/APJ/Europe to get more educated on these solutions.
Livefire Launch is an opportunity for Livefire attendees, both past and future, to not only get information about our upcoming classes and focus areas but also to gain valuable solution-based technical learning. These two-hour sessions focus on a different VMware Strategic IT Priority Solution aligned to our customer’s most pressing needs and will feature a technical demo, that will be offered as attendee labs throughout 2020.
Register today so you don’t miss any of these upcoming Livefire Launch sessions:
- Multi-Cloud – Advanced Integration
- Run Modern Application on vSphere 7 with Kubernetes
- NSX-T Virtual Launch
- Threat Remediation with Carbon Black and Workspace ONE
Last month we unveiled the new VMware Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC) that will enable current and future partners to architect a Kubernetes-based platform. This month, we launched the Cloud Native Master Specialist Badge – a partner’s first step towards obtaining the Cloud Native MSC – targeted to launch in Q1 FY21 (February 1 through May 1, 2020) – that will require a partner organization to have three individuals with this badge and a customer reference.
VMware has unveiled a new VMware Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC) that will enable current and future partners to architect a Kubernetes-based platform supported by complementary technologies from the cloud native ecosystem for continuous delivery of applications. The Cloud Native MSC is intended for those individuals who focus on Cloud Native Operations, Development, Site Reliability Engineering, and DevOps. This Master Services Competency builds upon the VMware PKS Solution Competency introduced in February 2019 to provide partners with the capabilities to offer and deliver VMware PKS and Kubernetes services to their customers.
Read more – Bitnami is the leader in application packaging solutions, providing the largest catalog of click-to-deploy applications and development stacks for every major cloud and Kubernetes environments.
Yesterday (on June 4) many of your customers joined our Cloud Briefing to get an insider’s look into the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps from VMware leadership and the industry’s leading technologists and thought leaders.
Following the main event, Worldwide Channel Chief Jenni Flinders hosted an exclusive partner segment, touching on the opportunities and benefits of VMware’s hybrid cloud solutions and how to monetize VMware cloud. It also included a panel of partner experts who discussed their own experiences and successes in growing their cloud business with VMware. Click here to unlock all the exclusive content.
Register here for the VMware Cloud Briefing – a global online event on June 4 at 8 am PDT. Join Pat, the founders of Kubernetes and CloudHealth, the innovators behind VMware Cloud on AWS, and more as these leaders describe their visions for the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps.
Additionally – stay online after the main event to join an exclusive partner segment, hosted by VMware Worldwide Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders, to learn more about:
- Growth and opportunity for partners in the cloud space
- How to monetize the hybrid cloud and multi-cloud opportunities with VMware
- VMware’s investment in helping partners build and grow cloud business with VMware (highlighting Partner Connect)