Access the highlights and resources shared as part of Partner Forum @ VMworld Europe, which include the Partner General session replay and Partner Lounge Theater session content.
Use the Transition Dashboard to see your tier prediction based on your competency achievements. Your company’s designated VMware primary contact is able to assign you access. Reminder, achieving a Master Services Competency in the path most relevant to your business is key to becoming a Principal Partner, the top tier in Partner Connect, offering the most value and rewards for your investment.
Read this post to catch up…VMware Partner Connect will be changing the programs tier structure when it goes live February 29, 2020.
The VMworld 2019 Europe full conference pass will give you complimentary access to participate in the partner program, Partner Forum @ VMworld 2019. View our top 5 Partner Forum activities and resources below and start building your conference agenda today.
- Attend both the Partner General Session and Partner Networking Reception on Monday, 4 November. During the Partner General Session, from 16:00 – 17:15, VMware leadership will share updates on the VMware strategy and other partnering opportunities. Afterward, join your peers at the Partner Networking reception, from 17:15 – 19:00, to continue the conversation and make new connections.
- Leverage the NEW Partner Guided Xperience agendas for the Digital Workspace, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Networking & Security, and VMware Cloud on AWS solution areas. These agendas are a curated list of ‘must attend’ sessions for both you and your customers.
- Catch a Partner Lounge Theater Session to learn how to optimize your partnership with VMware. Note that there will be limited seating and sessions will fill up quickly – reserve your place today.
- Visit the Partner Lounge to chat with experts who can share more about the new VMware Partner Connect and Development Fund Transformation programs, host a meeting with your customers (you may schedule on-site or connect with your VMware representative to schedule in advance), or to simply relax and recharge your batteries.
- Check out even more reasons to attend the Partner Forum, including customized resources to invite your customers to join you at VMworld.
Check out CRN’s recent interview on the Partner Connect program with our Global Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders. The slideshow, in a Q&A format, covers everything from launch date, momentum for MSCs, and how our next-gen partners can extend their business models and revamp VMware’s entire channel.
“If any partner comes to me saying, ‘Hey, I want more rebates,’ that’s the wrong conversation to have. It’s more around, ‘How do we extend your business models? And how do we help you build more practice areas?” said Jenni Flinders, vice president and global channel chief for VMware, in an interview with CRN.
VMware is launching our next-generation partner program in early 2020. The new VMware Partner Connect gives you a single, consistent program experience, offering you the power of flexibility and choice as you align your business models to meet your customers’ most pressing needs. With the advent of this new program, certain competency requirements will be aligned to paths across resell, cloud, and services. For you to maximize your success when the program launches, attaining a Master Services Competency (MSC) is key as it will move you up the new program tiering structure toward Principal Partner level—the highest recognition within Partner Connect.
Achieving an MSC can benefit your business both today and upon launch of the new program. Make sure you’re on the path to success with these key resources:
- Tune in to this 2112 podcast, where Worldwide Channel Chief Jenni Flinders outlines VMware’s channel transformation.
- Access this competency readiness sheet and read this post to get the full scoop on what you need to do to prepare.
- Review your Solution Competency and Master Services Competency Dashboards to understand your current status.
- Register now for the July 11 vmLIVE: The Simplest Path to MSC.
CRN has named 14 VMware employees to their 2019 Women of the Channel list, in addition to placing Jenni Flinders on the 2019 Women of the Channel Power 100 list.
Yesterday (on June 4) many of your customers joined our Cloud Briefing to get an insider’s look into the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps from VMware leadership and the industry’s leading technologists and thought leaders.
Following the main event, Worldwide Channel Chief Jenni Flinders hosted an exclusive partner segment, touching on the opportunities and benefits of VMware’s hybrid cloud solutions and how to monetize VMware cloud. It also included a panel of partner experts who discussed their own experiences and successes in growing their cloud business with VMware. Click here to unlock all the exclusive content.
Register here for the VMware Cloud Briefing – a global online event on June 4 at 8 am PDT. Join Pat, the founders of Kubernetes and CloudHealth, the innovators behind VMware Cloud on AWS, and more as these leaders describe their visions for the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps.
Additionally – stay online after the main event to join an exclusive partner segment, hosted by VMware Worldwide Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders, to learn more about:
- Growth and opportunity for partners in the cloud space
- How to monetize the hybrid cloud and multi-cloud opportunities with VMware
- VMware’s investment in helping partners build and grow cloud business with VMware (highlighting Partner Connect)
VMware Channel Chief Jenni Flinders has made it to the “Field of Four” in CRN’s Channel Madness Tournament of Chiefs. We need your vote to push Jenni through to the Championship Round.
Here’s how you can help:
- Go to Jenni’s page and vote for Jenni!
- Hit Submit
- Hit back button
It’s that simple! You can vote more than once – there is no limit!
Voting closes at 9am PT Monday, April 1st.
Thank you for supporting VMware and Jenni!
VMware is thrilled to announce that CRN, has named Jenni Flinders, VP Worldwide Channels, to its exclusive list of the 50 Most Influential Channel Chiefs for 2019. The top executives on this annual list are part of an elite group of leaders who drive the channel agenda and evangelize the importance of channel partnerships. This distinguished group is recognized for outstanding commitment to driving growth and revenue in their organization through partners, as well as extraordinary leadership in the channel as a whole. Read more.