Don’t forget to join us tomorrow from 8AM -3PM PT (11AM – 6PM ET) for the latest tech, sales, and marketing enablement content, tailored specifically for you, our partners.
Whether you were at a Partner Connect Virtual event watch party, at your desk, or even if you are just now pressing play… show us your participation and enthusiasm by sharing your selfies with #PartnerConnect!
You can now login to Partner Connect using your existing credentials and experience for yourself our new, game-changing partner program and portal. While you’re there, check out the Partner Connect program page and download the final Partner Connect Program Guide.
Register for the March 11 vmLIVE to ensure you’re taking full advantage of this new program.
If you have any Partner Connect program or portal related questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Partner Connect team.
On February 29, 2020, we will launch our new, game-changing partner program, VMware Partner Connect. VMware Partner Connect gives partners a single, consistent program experience, offering you the power of flexibility and choice as you align your business models to meet your customers’ most pressing needs.
Register today so that you don’t miss the Partner Connect virtual event on March 2.
To ensure you can transact in the new Partner Connect program on Day 1, your Primary Contact must sign the VMware Partner Connect Agreement prior to the program launch date.
Leading up to launch, we encourage you to:
- Review the final VMware Partner Connect Program Guide
- Work with your Primary Contact and counterparts to complete all foundational requirements
- Register for the February 19 vmLIVE focusing on launch readiness
- Register for the March 2 Partner Connect Virtual Event focusing on program highlights and the new incentive structure
- Plan ahead for system downtime – the Partner Central portal will be unavailable beginning 5PM PST on February 26, in order to prepare for the launch of the new Partner Connect Portal at 12AM PST on March 1 (use existing credentials to login)
VMware Partner Connect is launching February 29. To ensure you are ready to transact on Day 1, your Primary Contact must sign the VMware Partner Connect agreement prior to launch. Leading up to launch, we encourage you to review the current version of the VMware Partner Connect Program Guide (final to be published by February 14) and register for the January 22 vmLIVE to learn about our new Partner Connect portal.
Access the highlights and resources shared as part of Partner Forum @ VMworld Europe, which include the Partner General session replay and Partner Lounge Theater session content.
Use the Transition Dashboard to see your tier prediction based on your competency achievements. Your company’s designated VMware primary contact is able to assign you access. Reminder, achieving a Master Services Competency in the path most relevant to your business is key to becoming a Principal Partner, the top tier in Partner Connect, offering the most value and rewards for your investment.
Read this post to catch up…VMware Partner Connect will be changing the programs tier structure when it goes live February 29, 2020.
The VMworld 2019 Europe full conference pass will give you complimentary access to participate in the partner program, Partner Forum @ VMworld 2019. View our top 5 Partner Forum activities and resources below and start building your conference agenda today.
- Attend both the Partner General Session and Partner Networking Reception on Monday, 4 November. During the Partner General Session, from 16:00 – 17:15, VMware leadership will share updates on the VMware strategy and other partnering opportunities. Afterward, join your peers at the Partner Networking reception, from 17:15 – 19:00, to continue the conversation and make new connections.
- Leverage the NEW Partner Guided Xperience agendas for the Digital Workspace, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Networking & Security, and VMware Cloud on AWS solution areas. These agendas are a curated list of ‘must attend’ sessions for both you and your customers.
- Catch a Partner Lounge Theater Session to learn how to optimize your partnership with VMware. Note that there will be limited seating and sessions will fill up quickly – reserve your place today.
- Visit the Partner Lounge to chat with experts who can share more about the new VMware Partner Connect and Development Fund Transformation programs, host a meeting with your customers (you may schedule on-site or connect with your VMware representative to schedule in advance), or to simply relax and recharge your batteries.
- Check out even more reasons to attend the Partner Forum, including customized resources to invite your customers to join you at VMworld.
Check out CRN’s recent interview on the Partner Connect program with our Global Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders. The slideshow, in a Q&A format, covers everything from launch date, momentum for MSCs, and how our next-gen partners can extend their business models and revamp VMware’s entire channel.
“If any partner comes to me saying, ‘Hey, I want more rebates,’ that’s the wrong conversation to have. It’s more around, ‘How do we extend your business models? And how do we help you build more practice areas?” said Jenni Flinders, vice president and global channel chief for VMware, in an interview with CRN.
VMware is launching our next-generation partner program in early 2020. The new VMware Partner Connect gives you a single, consistent program experience, offering you the power of flexibility and choice as you align your business models to meet your customers’ most pressing needs. With the advent of this new program, certain competency requirements will be aligned to paths across resell, cloud, and services. For you to maximize your success when the program launches, attaining a Master Services Competency (MSC) is key as it will move you up the new program tiering structure toward Principal Partner level—the highest recognition within Partner Connect.
Achieving an MSC can benefit your business both today and upon launch of the new program. Make sure you’re on the path to success with these key resources:
- Tune in to this 2112 podcast, where Worldwide Channel Chief Jenni Flinders outlines VMware’s channel transformation.
- Access this competency readiness sheet and read this post to get the full scoop on what you need to do to prepare.
- Review your Solution Competency and Master Services Competency Dashboards to understand your current status.
- Register now for the July 11 vmLIVE: The Simplest Path to MSC.