VMware Customer Connect Learning, previously VMware Learning Zone (VLZ) is your single source for digital training from VMware. To make access to this 24/7 training hub even easier, we’re extending our current Premium Subscription offer to a FULL YEAR of complimentary access to Premium content (including all exam preps and new VCTA training) to those who enroll by October 31, 2020.
These 2 new key solution playbooks – designed for your sales and marketing teams – have just been released!
Each playbook highlights what to learn about the solution and products, how to uncover opportunities, and close deals. The VMware Cloud on AWS, Tanzu, and Digital Workspace Solution Playbooks are coming soon. These resources will be accessible from the Solutions tab within Partner Connect along with the following:
We are excited to announce that VMware’s leadership in the SASE market has contributed to a Leader position in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure. For the third year in a row, VMware is named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure. VMware was ranked highest in Completeness of Vision and furthest in Ability to Execute – read post and view report.
Tanzu editions package app modernization capabilities into clearly defined bundles. Replay the ‘Discover Tanzu Editions – plus a 50% off Promo’ vmLIVE to find out how your customers can get more from containers and Kubernetes – and how you can increase profits, leveraging the up to 50% off vSphere with Tanzu promotion.
The new VMware vSphere with Tanzu campaign is for upgrading existing vSphere customers to vSphere with Tanzu, which opens the door for other upsell and cross-sell opportunities. vSphere 7 is key to infrastructure modernization and agile operations.
and, MORE ENABLEMENT
The Partner Solution Playbook for vSphere with Tanzu has just been released.
The VMware Tanzu page on Partner Connect has been redesigned to include sales and training assets to help your company accelerate your App Modernization process.
Note, the new Modern Applications Platform (MAP) Solutions Competency replaced the VMware PKS Solution Competency on August 21. If you have achieved the PKS Solution Competency or completed the requirements by September 21, you will be granted Provisional Status toward the MAP Solution Competency and will have until February 21, 2021 to meet new requirements. As a reminder, the MAP will help you:
Our NEW Partner Demand Center Launched Last Month
With the amazing new interface, you will be able to easily find the right campaigns, download resources, customize content and branding, and quickly generate new demand.
New Partner Demand Center Campaigns are Available
- VMware Cloud Simplified with Modern HCI – enables you to specifically target mid-market organizations to embrace the benefits of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI).
- Future Ready Workforce – enable “anywhere organizations” to embrace a sustainable work-from-home strategy by providing a secure, scalable, and unified digital infrastructure for today’s distributed workforce – watch and share this video and view the campaign guide for a sneak peek.
- Scale on Demand – to extend on-premises environment to the public cloud and take advantage of future ready, instantaneous scalability with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Cloud Migration – to migrate apps to the cloud and modernize for the future via VMware Cloud on AWS. Additionally, 2-node promotional materials enable you to help prospects take advantage of on-demand cloud capacity for a 33% lower cost.
- Carbon Black Replace Antivirus – for consolidating multiple security capabilities via one endpoint agent and console to fit the specific needs of each organization without requiring additional agents, deployments, or training.
The Carbon Black Endpoint Protection Solution Competency is available on Partner University. This Solution Competency is comprised of the Endpoint Protection VSP, VTSP, and Post-Sales training. You can achieve the accreditation by completing the courses and passing the assessments, which will make you eligible for Solution Rewards on Carbon Black Cloud products.
FYI, the 5-day course for the Carbon Black portfolio is now available and it is a required course for anyone interested in achieving the Technical Post Sales accreditation for the Carbon Black Endpoint Protection Solution Competency. VMware Carbon Black Portfolio: Configure and Manage, is also available on our public enrollment schedule as Live Online modality with scheduled classes in September and October.
Reference this new Carbon Black Cybersecurity Outlook eBook, which outlines the arc of attacker behaviors over the last year. It then speaks to the response that defenders have put in place to mitigate and/or block the malicious attacks. Leverage this eBook to spot trends, evaluate response criteria and expertise, and plan product and service offerings to match the threats.
You now have the opportunity to increase your technical knowledge about our VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud solution. Subject matter experts will be hosting a series of webinars through the end of 2020 – view the schedule to register. The next webinar, AWS and Azure Virtual Edge Offerings, will be offered on September 24 with more in October and onward.
REMINDER – the Partner Connect Renewal process will be reinstated on September 25 (read the Program Legal Notification).
STAY CURRENT – register now and join us for Partner Connect Renewals vmLIVE on September 22. The renewal process reinstates in September with milestone dates for many in October. Find out what to expect, what actions you need to take, and how this can benefit you. Plus, we’ll share important dates for the mid-year health check, actions for the January Audit, and resources to help you progress in the Program.
- Partner Connect Program Guide was updated on September 1.
- Get answers to the Top Trending Questions.
- Check out the recent virtual coffee chat with Miriam Byrne, Services Director at Triangle Computer Services, where she shares how they are meeting customer challenges with innovative solutions.
- Wetcom | Winner of the 2020 Global Digital Transformation Award – they earned this distinction for delivering superior value throughout the customer journey with solutions that met desired customer outcomes – take a look.
In just 30 days, you can take all of the required courses to achieve the new Modern Applications Platform (MAP) Solutions Competency that will help you:
- Unlock new Tanzu expertise that will empower your staff to sell and deliver VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid and VMware Tanzu Mission Control
- Boost profitability with 6% rebates on selected products
- Prepare you for the more advanced Cloud Native Master Services Competency
Also, Tanzu Build Service – a Kubernetes-native way to automatically build and continuously maintain containerized applications at enterprise scale – is now GA. It gives developers a simple workflow for constructing and updating OCI-compliant containers for any Kubernetes platform, while delivering the security benefits of automated dependency patching and management to operators. Check out the Launch Briefing video for an overview.
Tanzu NFR Licenses are now also available for hands-on training, lab use, and customer demos.
Have questions? Bring them to the Tanzu Connect Partner Webinar Series, held weekly on Wednesdays, to learn more about Tanzu solutions and why customer demand for Kubernetes and containers is soaring.
Reference this new Tech Executives Guide to Modern Apps eBook, which outlines how CIOs are thinking about modern apps planning and challenges they face. By better understanding what CIOs face and how they are planning, you can be better aligned to help your customers optimize their strategy and increase their bottom line.