Read this post about how a secure access service edge (SASE) should include a multi-services edge with robust SD-WAN capabilities for supporting large and complex networking configurations – something VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud can deliver.
VMware has unveiled a new VMware Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC) that will enable current and future partners to architect a Kubernetes-based platform supported by complementary technologies from the cloud native ecosystem for continuous delivery of applications. The Cloud Native MSC is intended for those individuals who focus on Cloud Native Operations, Development, Site Reliability Engineering, and DevOps. This Master Services Competency builds upon the VMware PKS Solution Competency introduced in February 2019 to provide partners with the capabilities to offer and deliver VMware PKS and Kubernetes services to their customers.
The first Partner Connect Program Guide is now available on Partner Central. The final Program Guide will be published in February, prior to launch. If you are a Solution Provider, Cloud Provider, or Service Provider you will have new requirements and benefits when the new Partner Connect program goes live. Familiarize yourself with the Program Guide, as well as these other key resources:
Additionally, this week your company’s VMware primary contact received an email communication with the ‘Click to Accept’ VMware Partner Connect Agreement, offering the ability to accept the Partner Connect Terms and Conditions. Doing so allows your company to transact across all business models on Day 1 of Partner Connect launch, February 29, 2020. Finally, use the Partner Connect Transition Dashboard to see your tier prediction based on your company’s current competency achievements. Your company’s designated VMware primary contact is able to grant you access.
Access the highlights and resources shared as part of Partner Forum @ VMworld Europe, which include the Partner General session replay and Partner Lounge Theater session content.
VMware vRealize Operations 8.0 – powered by AI/ML to enable continuous performance optimization, proactive capacity and cost management, intelligent remediation, and integrated compliance – is now available.
Note, your customers that have installed vRealize Operations v6.x and above will be impacted by the internal SSL Gemfire certificate expiration this month. Refer to this KB article for instruction on how your customers can obtain the required PAK file to upgrade and renew their internal certificate to prevent it from going into system inoperability.
Register for upcoming webinars on VMware Learning Zone today. These sessions are FREE and typically include an instructor hour, where you can ask your questions in a live, instant-feedback format.
- November 13 – Tanzu: Any App, Any Cloud, Any Cluster
- November 14 – Troubleshooting vSphere HA and DRS clusters
- November 21 – What’s New with VMware Cloud Services?
- December 12 – vSAN View and Dashboard Development in vROPS
The Future 50 ranks the global companies with the strongest long-term growth potential.
Access the Q3 CY2019 VCPP Product User Guide today. It contains new products such as VMware Cloud Foundation for Service Providers and updates for vSAN, vRealize Operations Chargeback, and HCX.
To create the ranking, Forbes partnered with Statista to cull their annual list of the world’s 2,000 largest public companies based on 1.4 million employment recommendations sourced from a global poll and regional surveys. Respondents around the world were asked to rate their own employer and the likelihood that they would recommend this employer to a friend or family member. They also rated other employers they admired.
You can now access the following training modules from Partner University.
- VSP-CH (CloudHealth) – provides a foundational understanding of the business value of services offered by partners through the CloudHealth platform. This module will enable you to have qualifying discussions and articulate the benefits of CloudHealth to your customers. VSP courses are intended for those in partner sales roles. The duration of this training module is approximately 1.5 hours, not including the knowledge checks.
- VTSP-CH (CloudHealth) – provides a foundational understanding of the technical value of services offered by partners through the CloudHealth platform. This module will include how to enhance an existing MSP offering, multi-cloud management, providing a high-level technical sales presentation, and demonstrating features of CloudHealth with a trial. VTSP courses are intended for those in partner technical sales roles. The duration of this training module is approximately 2 hours, not including the knowledge checks.