NSX-T 3.0 represents a major opportunity for you to migrate your customers from the current NSX for vSphere to NSX-T and it also represents a major leap forward in capabilities and use cases that partners can address as customers transform their infrastructure to deliver a more cloud-like experience. Additionally, NSX-V will go end of general support on January 22, 2022, which means customers currently on that software will no longer be supported by VMware. Assessment, design, and migration services represent a unique services opportunity in conjunction with ongoing Cloud Foundation and NSX discussions – access these tools and resources today.
VMware has introduced a new category of hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) deployment options, Global Partner Appliances, to simplify procurement, deployment, and maintenance of HCI systems. A compelling solution for your customers that want to rapidly deploy HCI on standardized building blocks with unified support.
SAVE THE DATE – register now for our next Partner Connect vmLIVE on July 22 @ 8 AM PST to hear about upcoming competency launches, renewal reinstatement, and annual audit information.
- Cloud Native Master Services Competency – target launch is July 17 (more details below).
- Partner Connect Program Renewal process will be reinstated on September 25, 2020 – read the Legal Notification – communications with additional information are being sent to the Primary and Alternate contacts of impacted partners in July and August.
- Partner Connect Business Continuity page showcases how you and your customers can maintain business continuity, stay connected, and find support.
UPDATED Resources & Partner Showcases
- Virtual ‘coffee chat’ series on Power of Partnership blog – last month Rich Steeves connected with Jamison Nack, Vice President of Sales at AHEAD, showcasing how AHEAD is meeting customer challenges with innovative solutions.
- Get answers to the Top Trending Questions in the Resources section of the Partner Connect page.
- Digital Workspace Hybrid VDI enables you to help prospects simplify management and delivery of virtual desktops and apps on-premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid or multi-cloud configurations.
- VMware Virtual Cloud Network targets decision makers within the networking and security audiences and positions Virtual Cloud Network to build, connect, secure, and operate multiple cloud networks, apps, and data.
- VMware Horizon 7 for VMware Cloud on AWS delivers a robust, feature-rich cloud platform for virtual desktops and applications.
For two years, VMware has been on a journey to deliver self-driving operations management from applications to infrastructure to our customers via VMware vRealize Operations. Powered by AI and predictive analytics, vRealize Operations helps IT run production operations hands-off and hassle-free with a unified operations platform. Learn more.
Today we announced our intent to acquire Datrium, a leader in cloud-native disaster recovery, to deliver on our vision to provide a cost-optimized Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solution that can be rapidly deployed and managed as a modern cloud service. Datrium is already a VMware partner offering DRaaS with VMware Cloud on AWS as an end-to-end DR service. The Datrium DRaaS solution offers an innovative, cost-optimized approach with incremental backups that are encrypted, deduped, and stored efficiently in AWS S3. Learn more.
Last month, HPE announced NEW certified, preconfigured, and easy-to-order Integrated HPE vSAN ReadyNodes that includes vSphere capabilities of vLCM. This provides customers greater flexibility to order based on their workloads to accelerate their path to HCI. This new offering is available through HPE authorized resellers and must be ordered through the HPE Sales Config Tool (OCA). Learn more.
Cloud Providers now is the opportune time to provide Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to your customers. This Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration as a Service solution has many new capabilities, allowing you to deliver tiered DRaaS services for on-premises to cloud Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration, in addition to Cloud to Cloud DR. Customers will get visibility of protection status and DR protection and failover actions. Learn more.
Introducing VMware Cloud Director Service Initial Availability
Available to Cloud Providers who are signed up to the MSP program. Cloud Director Service provides multi-tenanted IAAS services on VMware Cloud on AWS and is delivered as a SaaS service in order to sell smaller chunks of VMware Cloud on AWS IAAS in resource pools to tenants. The value is that this service provides an on-ramp for bigger deals (addressing differing customer tiers with smaller offerings), a unified operating model, and geographic extensibility though a single self-service dashboard. Learn more.