Register now to join the vmLIVE on September 16 at 9:30 AM Pacific. Partners with Master Services Competencies are the ‘go-to’ partners for VMware implementations. This session will focus on the benefits in attaining another MSC, as well as associated requirements for the different areas.
Check out CRN’s recent interview on the Partner Connect program with our Global Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders. The slideshow, in a Q&A format, covers everything from launch date, momentum for MSCs, and how our next-gen partners can extend their business models and revamp VMware’s entire channel.
“If any partner comes to me saying, ‘Hey, I want more rebates,’ that’s the wrong conversation to have. It’s more around, ‘How do we extend your business models? And how do we help you build more practice areas?” said Jenni Flinders, vice president and global channel chief for VMware, in an interview with CRN.
The VMworld 2019 US full conference pass will give you complimentary access to participate in the partner program, Partner Forum @ VMworld 2019. View our top 5 Partner Forum activities and resources below.
- Attend both the Partner General Session and Partner Networking Reception on Sunday, August 25. During the Partner General Session, from 4:00 – 5:00 PM, VMware leadership will share updates on the VMware strategy and other partnering opportunities. Afterward, join your peers at the Partner Networking reception, from 5:00 – 6:00 PM, to continue the conversation and make new connections.
- Leverage the NEW Partner Guided Xperiences, our curated list of ‘must attend’ sessions for both you and your customers aligned by solution areas including Digital Workspace, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Networking & Security, and VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Catch a Partner Lounge Theater Session to learn how to optimize your partnership with VMware. Note that there will be limited seating and sessions are filling up quickly – reserve your place today.
- Visit the Partner Lounge (in the Square) to chat with experts who can share more about the new VMware Partner Connect and Development Fund Transformation programs, host a meeting with your customers (you may schedule on-site or connect with your VMware representative to schedule in advance), or to simply relax and recharge your batteries.
- Check out even more reasons to attend the Partner Forum, including customized resources to invite your customers to join you at VMworld.
The VMworld 2019 full conference pass will gives our partners complimentary access to the Partner Forum @ VMworld 2019 in both the US and Europe.
For those planning to attend VMworld US, take note of the Partner Forum agenda. Both the Partner General Session and the follow-on Partner Networking Reception are on Sunday, August 25. Plan to arrive in time to catch the Partner General Session at 4:00 PM, where our leadership will share new strategies and business opportunities, as well as insights into announcements that will be communicated throughout the week.
The scheduling tool for VMworld US is also live. View all partner sessions and add them to your agenda to secure your place before sessions fill up.
For those planning to attend VMworld Europe, the content catalog just went live and early-bird rates will be available through July 26.
VMware is launching our next-generation partner program in early 2020. The new VMware Partner Connect gives you a single, consistent program experience, offering you the power of flexibility and choice as you align your business models to meet your customers’ most pressing needs. With the advent of this new program, certain competency requirements will be aligned to paths across resell, cloud, and services. For you to maximize your success when the program launches, attaining a Master Services Competency (MSC) is key as it will move you up the new program tiering structure toward Principal Partner level—the highest recognition within Partner Connect.
Achieving an MSC can benefit your business both today and upon launch of the new program. Make sure you’re on the path to success with these key resources:
- Tune in to this 2112 podcast, where Worldwide Channel Chief Jenni Flinders outlines VMware’s channel transformation.
- Access this competency readiness sheet and read this post to get the full scoop on what you need to do to prepare.
- Review your Solution Competency and Master Services Competency Dashboards to understand your current status.
- Register now for the July 11 vmLIVE: The Simplest Path to MSC.
The VMworld 2019 full conference pass will give you and your partners complimentary access to the Partner Forum @ VMworld 2019 in both the US and Europe.
For those planning to attend VMworld US, take note of the Partner Forum agenda. Both the Partner General Session and the follow-on Partner Networking Reception are on Sunday, August 25. Plan to arrive in time to catch the Partner General Session at 4PM, where our leadership will share new strategies and business opportunities, as well as insights into announcements that will be communicated throughout the week.
The content catalog for VMworld US is also live. View all partner sessions using the ‘partner’ filters, which includes those being offered in the Partner Lounge Theater. Once registered, you can ‘favorite’ sessions of interest to quickly add them to your agenda when our scheduling tool goes live later this month.
For those planning to attend VMworld Europe, early-bird rates will be available through July 26.
CloudHealth by VMware is a market-leading public cloud management platform offered as a SaaS service. It can be used with any major public cloud to maximize customers insight into cloud usage, security, and governance. Partners can now sell CloudHealth by transacting generic SPP/HPP credits, which customers can redeem towards CloudHealth. Partners will also be eligible for transacting and supporting VMware led ELA deals.
Register here for the VMware Cloud Briefing – a global online event on June 4 at 8 am PDT. Join Pat, the founders of Kubernetes and CloudHealth, the innovators behind VMware Cloud on AWS, and more as these leaders describe their visions for the future of hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and cloud-native apps.
Additionally – stay online after the main event to join an exclusive partner segment, hosted by VMware Worldwide Channel Chief, Jenni Flinders, to learn more about:
- Growth and opportunity for partners in the cloud space
- How to monetize the hybrid cloud and multi-cloud opportunities with VMware
- VMware’s investment in helping partners build and grow cloud business with VMware (highlighting Partner Connect)
Watch the video to see what the excitement was all about. Learn about VMware core products and cloud solutions to grow your business. Cloud Days is a 1 day event to help you understand our cloud strategy, enable you technically, and help you understand the business value of a VMware cloud solution.
As previously communicated, the grace period for participating in the PCT program without achievement of the relevant Master Services Competency (MSC) to the Statement of Work (SOW) is coming to an end on May 22, 2019.
Note, after May 22, 2019, MSC partners will be required to have achieved the MSC for the solutions they will deliver services on as described in the SOW. Your MSC status is available here.