We continuously improve the VMware Partner Development Funds (DF) program to enhance your overall experience. All partners participating in our DF program are encouraged to attend one of the following ‘Refresher’ webinars where we will cover the Q3 FY21 activity detail updates, Partner Rewards Portal, best practices for executing virtual events, and how to register business courtesies. Each session will include time for Q&A.
Join us on July 29 at 9:00 AM PDT for our first Multi-Cloud Briefing focused on enabling organizations to accelerate cloud strategies in the face of rapidly evolving business requirements. We’ll share how you can help your customers to leverage their existing teams and tools to rapidly migrate applications, scale resources up or down based on demand, enable remote work initiatives, and drive app modernization strategies. Plus, you’ll hear insights from VMwares executive cloud leadership team and to get a recap of major VMware Cloud milestones, hyperscaler partnerships, and portfolio expansion.
Watch and share this video with your customers today.
SAVE THE DATE – register now for our next Partner Connect vmLIVE on July 22 @ 8 AM PST to hear about upcoming competency launches, renewal reinstatement, and annual audit information.
- Cloud Native Master Services Competency – target launch is July 17 (more details below).
- Partner Connect Program Renewal process will be reinstated on September 25, 2020 – read the Legal Notification – communications with additional information are being sent to the Primary and Alternate contacts of impacted partners in July and August.
- Partner Connect Business Continuity page showcases how you and your customers can maintain business continuity, stay connected, and find support.
UPDATED Resources & Partner Showcases
- Virtual ‘coffee chat’ series on Power of Partnership blog – last month Rich Steeves connected with Jamison Nack, Vice President of Sales at AHEAD, showcasing how AHEAD is meeting customer challenges with innovative solutions.
- Get answers to the Top Trending Questions in the Resources section of the Partner Connect page.
Cloud Providers now is the opportune time to provide Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) to your customers. This Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration as a Service solution has many new capabilities, allowing you to deliver tiered DRaaS services for on-premises to cloud Disaster Recovery (DR) and Migration, in addition to Cloud to Cloud DR. Customers will get visibility of protection status and DR protection and failover actions. Learn more.
Introducing VMware Cloud Director Service Initial Availability
Available to Cloud Providers who are signed up to the MSP program. Cloud Director Service provides multi-tenanted IAAS services on VMware Cloud on AWS and is delivered as a SaaS service in order to sell smaller chunks of VMware Cloud on AWS IAAS in resource pools to tenants. The value is that this service provides an on-ramp for bigger deals (addressing differing customer tiers with smaller offerings), a unified operating model, and geographic extensibility though a single self-service dashboard. Learn more.
We’re releasing two new technical courses to get you started with VMware Tanzu. In June, we’re offering a 1-day management and operations course for Tanzu Mission Control (read more), and in July we’ll be offering the 2-day Install, Configure, Manage released for Tanzu Kubernetes grid. Combine the two courses to get 3-days of expert, instructor-led content for VMware’s exciting new product portfolio, Tanzu.
STAY TUNED – details for the New Cloud Native Master Services Competency (MSC) will be available in Partner Connect in July.
UPDATED – Partner Connect Business Continuity page shares the offers and programs we have in place to support the conversations your partners may be having with their customers.
NEW Resources & Partner Showcases:
- Get answers to Top Trending Questions in the Resource section of the Partner Connect page.
- Virtual ‘coffee chat’ series on Power of Partnership bog – last month Rich Steeves connected with Vivek Parath, VP of Sales, for Huco in Dubai, who shared his foundation for solution success and Gavin Jolliffe, CEO and Founder of Xtravirt in London, to discuss customer rapid-pace transformation and adaptation in today’s world.
VOP-SE (Subscriptions Expert 2020) is an accreditation designed for Partners transacting VMware Subscription Services through the resell model. VOP-SE is a Partner Connect requirement for reselling subscriptions and is the updated version of VOP-SE (Subscriptions Expert 2019).
This training provides an overview of VMware’s subscription services including:
- the ‘basics’ (how to quote, order, and invoice for services)
- how to transact the Purchasing Programs available for subscriptions
- how to manage orders, Price Lists, and other processes using the Subscription Services Portal
Note, the SD-WAN by VeloCloud modules are not included in this release, but they are coming soon.
VMware Cloud on AWS continues to gain traction among our partners and customers and with new features and business continuity partner incentives, there’s no better time for you to guide your customers toward VMware’s hybrid cloud solution. Following are some of the new capabilities, incentives, and resources to help you grow your hybrid cloud business.
- Special business continuity incentive that can be used to help your customers avoid infrastructure disruptions, minimize infrastructure risk, and aid remote workers.
- Support for Kubernetes for VMware Cloud on AWS enabling you to deploy a hybrid cloud solution that supports both VMs and containers.
- 2-host Cluster Capability in Preview, to help your customers get started on their VMware Cloud on AWS journey – either to prove value or to reduce the cost of getting started.
- Tune into the VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged podcast series, delivered by VMware experts, covering topics including solution overview, cloud migration, data center extension, business continuity, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Plus, Horizon 7 on VMware Cloud on AWS and cloud economics.
- Bookmark the VMware Cloud on AWS blog for all the latest updates.