Within every partner’s VMware practice—technical people are trained on the latest solutions, salespeople understand how to position VMware alongside clients, and seasoned consultants are ready to install infrastructure within client environments. The key to a successful VMware practice is the ability to build awareness of your expertise and a pipeline of opportunity.
We are proud to announce the Marketing Learning Path, available now in Partner University. Designed to help you build effective marketing campaigns, this comprehensive course combines the latest marketing practices with instruction on how to use the tools we provide.
Tailor the course to hone in on the topics most impactful to you and your team
We’ve structured the Marketing Learning Path into six sections, each designed to address a different aspect of VMware marketing. You can view the online sessions in order, or create your own course tailored to your unique requirements. Each section begins with an overview of the material, followed by a short video highlighting how to use what was covered, and a final section that allows you to test your knowledge. The Marketing Learning Path includes:
- Introduction to Marketing with VMware – Discover how VMware can help you go to market with an overview of resources you can use to drive sales.
- VMware Partner Demand Center – See how to execute multi-touch campaigns with your target audience, capture leads, and build pipeline for the solutions your team wants to position.
- Co-Brand with VMware – Develop a working knowledge of how to position our brand, value proposition, logo, and partner badges alongside your own brand to shape customer experiences.
- VMware Development Funds – Understand how to access marketing funds to extend your marketing reach, including activities that qualify, the process for obtaining prior approval, and how to submit claims for reimbursement.
- Ignite – Learn how this milestone-based, pay-for-performance practice development initiative can help you build and accelerate your VMware practice.
- Digital Marketing 101 – Learn the latest demand generation best practices through this video series, with takeaway sheets that highlight tips for success.
The most effective tools for B2B Marketing
Online marketing continues to be one of the most effective tools for B2B. According to Leadspace, 84% of B2B buyers use social media to guide purchasing decisions. 67% of B2B brands use Twitter for digital marketing. 80% of B2B marketers say most of their social media leads come from LinkedIn, and 40% say the platform is their most effective social media channel for driving leads.
In the competitive world of high tech, it’s critical to be well-equipped to use digital marketing at every stage of a buyer’s journey. We partnered with Channel Maven to share the latest demand generation insights and best practices with our extended marketing community—our partners. Each video covers a critical component of effective digital marketing:
- Optimizing and Leveraging LinkedIn and Twitter to Engage Prospects
- Leveraging LinkedIn and Twitter for Blogs and Long Form Content
- Building an Integrated Marketing Plan
- Guiding the Buyer’s Journey
- Staying Top-of-Mind with Customers
- Making Your Website a Lead Generation Machine
It’s important to understand how to use different tools for maximum impact. Digital marketing can be your most impactful and cost-effective marketing tool. However, it can take 12 social queries or more before a prospect is ready to engage with a salesperson—90% of buyers don’t respond to a cold contact.
The VMware Marketing Learning Path provides practical insights alongside resources and tools you can use immediately. See how you can quickly, easily, and effectively start executing marketing campaigns designed to build pipeline and boost awareness.