Speed and agility. Reduced costs and improved performance. Increased productivity, greater resiliency, and operational efficiency. And, of course, improved security. Today’s organizations are challenged to deliver more than ever, be prepared for the unexpected, and operate at the highest levels to deliver business results.
There’s a lot at stake when making technological decisions, and VMware and Dell Technologies understand that. It’s why our relationship continues to grow stronger, our investment in engineering and innovation remains intact, and our organizations are aligned to deliver integrated IT platforms and multi-cloud solutions that accelerate digital transformation.
A Shared Multi-Cloud Vision: Consistent, Flexible, and Secure
Together, VMware and Dell Technologies have our eye on the prize: a distributed, multi-cloud, cloud native, and modern application environment that leverages the best of what both companies can offer. We are enabling our joint customers’ multi-cloud future with the ability to be on-premises in a colocation environment or by operating in one of many different hyperscalers. At the same time, security, compliance, and privacy are embedded in all our efforts, including the end-to-end encryption of data in both virtualized and containerized environments. The development of our Zero Trust Infrastructure – from edge to core to cloud – is supported by our joint reference designs, including procedures, policies, and best practices to drive Zero Trust environments.
The collaboration between VMware and Dell Technologies is all about consistency and flexibility. From your ability to be on-premises with Dell APEX Cloud Services with VMware Cloud (which enables you to expand multi-cloud flexibility and security across multi-cloud environments with new Infrastructure as-a-Service offers powered by VMware Cloud) to giving you the choice of running VMs and containers, while also supporting existing and emerging edge capabilities. Our relationship has never been stronger.
Shaping the Future of Technology, Today
Our enduring collaboration and commitment to creating first to market solutions that shape the future of technology is demonstrated by a joint investment in initiatives, focused on creating next generation technologies to solve customer outcomes.
Some examples of our continued focus on joint engineering and innovation include:
- VMware Cross-Cloud Services, an integrated portfolio of SaaS solutions that enable our global customers to build, run, manage, and better secure applications across any cloud. With this solution, customers also benefit from Dell’s broad IT portfolio, and IaaS solutions so that, together, we can deliver more secure and consistent operations with faster time to value.
- VMware Tanzu on VxRail provides a consistent operational model across Kubernetes deployments to speed Kubernetes infrastructure delivery while supporting developer productivity. In addition to reducing the barrier to entry by deploying vSphere with Tanzu on standard VxRail infrastructure, Tanzu Architecture for VxRail is the fastest way to get Tanzu Application Service up and running in your data center and accelerate time to cloud native application development.
- VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail, our co-engineered hybrid cloud infrastructure solution, is designed to help organizations build and operate cloud infrastructures. This solution builds upon native VxRail and Cloud Foundation capabilities with unique integration features that are jointly engineered between Dell, EMC, and VMware to simplify, streamline, and automate the operations of your entire SDDC from Day 0 through Day 2 operations.
- VMware Carbon Black and PowerProtect Cyber Recovery, provide the foundation our customers need to implement comprehensive endpoint security unified with the most secure, innovative, and scalable infrastructure necessary to accelerate digital transformation agendas.
- VMware Workspace One, in combination with Dell Unified Workspace, provides a comprehensive solution to deploy, secure, manage, and support devices from the cloud, while delivering a secure and flexible ‘work from anywhere’ environment to meet the needs of the modern workplace.
With dedicated VMware resources working across both organizations, our Dell Technologies Solution team leads the continued alignment of our joint solutions and fosters partnerships to deliver co-innovation, reference architecture, and proof of concepts. The result of this collaborative effort is that our customers realize the benefit of organizations with a shared goal and co-engineered innovation that is tested and validated.
Looking Ahead, Building Upon Our Shared History
We understand that a multi-cloud future requires the ability to evolve environments, which is why our commitment to meeting customer needs also extends to a unique commercial agreement that preserves the most valuable parts of our relationship, while allowing strategic flexibility of an open ecosystem for both companies. VMware and Dell Technologies have produced over 30,000+ combined patents, and we continue to add new innovations at an unprecedented rate.
The Dell Technologies and VMware Innovation Lab, together with the Customer Success Centers, further enable customers to architect and prototype VMware-based workloads to meet their business needs. Our AI innovation lab has helped deliver workloads for manufacturing, healthcare, and other industries. From our innovation lab to our customer organization and everywhere in between, VMware and Dell Technologies are committed to the collaboration and planning that will enable us to deliver integrated IT platforms and multi-cloud solutions that accelerate digital transformation.
We’re moving forward together to align our joint solutions and foster the partnerships to deliver the co-innovation, reference architectures, and proof of concepts that ensure our customers get the best of what both companies can offer.
Dell Synergy Acceleration Team