The next time you watch Shark Tank, imagine that the three “sharks” ready to hear your pitch are the VP of IT Operations, the VP of Applications and the CIO. Your job is to convince them to invest in vCloud Air Disaster Recovery (DR). What would you say? Here are 3 tips to prepare a Shark Tank worthy pitch:
1) Know the Product Inside and Out
· Become a DR expert and receive foundational training with the hybrid cloud competency
· Be prepared to answer questions with resources such as cheat sheets and battle cards available on partner central
· Learn about the newest features such as native fail-back and multiple point-in-time recovery in this blog post
2) Show Don’t Tell
· Drive awareness and educate customers with the customizable vCloud Air DR Campaign on the VMware Partner Demand Center.
3) Make it a Need Not a Want
· All customers have a DR need.Your job is to find out their DR needs and map it to the solution. Here are some examples:
VMware is already invested with a new, simpler channel transaction model called the Subscription Purchasing Program, partner rewards such as 10% rebate in Solution Rewards and a 1st month free customer promotion.
Now it’s up to you to get the deal.
The VMware Partner Network Team