Last Spring 2014 VMware announced a new recertification policy for (VCP). If you are a VCP, it will be imperative that you maintain your VCP status by recertifying, or your company will be at risk of losing its current Program Status, and possibly, its benefits.
As a VCP, your benefits of recertifying include:
· Gaining new skills to boost your salary and advance your career
· Having a different and more advanced technical qualification
· Continuing to receive all theprofessional benefits of VMware certification
Please note that Premier Partners are required to have at least four current VCPs in developed countries, and at least two current VCPs in developing countries to maintain Premier Status. Enterprise Partners are required to have at least two current VCPs in developed countries, and at least one current VCP in developing countries to maintain EnterpriseStatus.
Please ensure you take one of the following steps before March 2015:
1. Update your VCP certification (e.g. If you are a VCP3, take the latest VCP5-Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) exam).
2. Earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track – such as Network Virtualization, Cloud or End-User Computing.
3. Advance your certification by completing a VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) or VMware Certified Implementation Expert (VCIX) certification.
Our goal is to make recertifying as simple as possible, saving you both time and money. We are offering 25% off any VCP exam taken before January 1, 2015. You will find the details here.
There will also be an opportunity at Partner Exchange 2015, taking place from February 3-5, 2015 to recertify at the onsite Certification Exam Center. VCP, VCAP, and VCIX certification exams will be offered at 50% off if you register in advance.
For more information on this mandatory VCP Recertification initiative, please watch this short video.
The VMware Partner Network Team