Day 1 of VMworld 2014 began with over 22,000 attendees from 85 countries eagerly awaiting this morning’s General Session keynote. Robin Matlock, VMware’s CMO, opened the stage reminding customers and partners alike that this conference is about you. She let everyone know that this week is all about pushing boundaries, and at VMworld 2014, you will discover there really are no limits.
Pat Gelsinger then literally broke through the beginning of his keynote and addressed the idea of Brave IT. He echoed the notion that “Brave leaders invent their own disruptions rather than wait around for them”. His main three messages were centered on:
1. Being brave in this new era of IT
2. Being open- OpenStack and containers
3. The speed to SDDC and the EVO Rail product line – the fastest, most integrated way to deliver SDDC
Bill Fathers then shared VMware’s Hybrid Cloud strategy and highlighted how we’re building for a hybrid future. Carl brought the voice of the customer to life through on-stage interviews with Medtronic, MIT and Ford. For those of you who weren’t able to watch the keynote live, the General Session replay is available on VMware NOW.
The morning would not have been complete without a number of exciting announcements geared to help your customers innovate, compete and succeed. These included new solutions and partnerships to advance our portfolio across the Software-Defined Data Center and HybridCloud.
Software-Define Your Customers’ Data Centers
VMware’s newly announced virtualization and integrated OpenStack solutions build out the industry’s most complete product portfolio for implementing a Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
· VMware vCloud Suite 5.8, the latest version of our integrated offering for building and managing a VMware vSphere® private cloud based on the SDDC architecture, now includes self-service access to DR blueprints and recovery plans with 5x greater scale of protection than previous versions.
· VMware vSphere with Operations Management 5.5, includes enhanced availability, performance, storage, and scalability.
Realize the Potential of Comprehensive SDDC Management
VMware announced VMware vRealize™ Suite™ , a cloud management platform solution purpose-built for the hybrid cloud—a comprehensive management stack for IT services on vSphere and other hypervisors, physicalinfrastructure and external clouds, all with a unified management experience.
If your customers’ are looking for improved management and log analytics capabilities, VMware vRealize Operations Insight will now be offered as a transactional upgrade bundle.
Rapidly Scale Infrastructure
With our OEM partners, VMware introduced VMware EVO:RAIL™, a hyper-converged infrastructure appliance that simplifies the procurement, deployment, and management of virtualized compute and storage environments. With EVO:RAIL, customers can roll out virtual infrastructure services in minutes. Learn more.
Gain Choice and Control with Hybrid Cloud
VMware vCloud Air (formerly VMware vCloud Hybrid Service) is the platform for our family of ‘as-a-service’ offerings built on our public cloud infrastructure. The word ‘Air’ is used in VMware product names to designate our cloud services. Please update your assets.
Additionally, VMware has announced the VMware vCloud Air Network which consists of vCloud Air and our global ecosystem of over 3,800 Service Providers in more than 100 countries. The VMware vCloud Air Network provides our customers with flexibility and choice of cloud services on a local basis. Learn more.
There were also a number of customer beta programs announced that span the VMware solution stack.
- Visit the Quarterly Partner Briefing portal to view on-demand videos and localized launch presentations.
- Leverage the Partner Launch Playbooks for SDDC and EUC for the latest product assets.
- Share this VMworld VMware NOW URL with your customers, so they can replay the VMworld 2014 General Sessions.
You can engage in conversations on Partner Link and social media by using #VMworld and letting us know what you think of this year’s conference.
Bring on Day 2,
The VMware Partner Network Team