As your customers continue to incorporate cloud computing as part of their IT strategy, compatibility, extensibility and reliability are key frames of reference used to identify suitable cloud service providers, quite possibly like your company. Can you stand out verses the competition? VMware makes the search easy for customers with their vCloud Powered Service Provider technology badge for VMware Service Provider partners.
This badge indicates that a service provider has a validated “Infrastructure as a Service” public cloud offering built on a VMware platform aligned to a specific definition. It also provides a level of assurance to the end customer, that their workload will utilize the same VMware architecture off-premise as they are running in their own virtualized data centers. The net result is easy provisioning of cloud resources that are compatible with existing infrastructure, to quickly and securely extend an internal virtualized infrastructure into the cloud.
Partners who successfully validate their vCloud service offering are eligible for promotion within VMware’s global portal and in addition will receive a logo, which can be used to support end-user marketing and awareness activities.
How to Power Up
Receiving your vCloud Powered status is a relatively simple and painless process. Each partner must be part of VSPP with a minimum monthly commitment. Assuming the partner meets that level, they can visit our vCloud Validation site to start the process. The vCloud Powered Service Validation Tool tests the partner’s cloud service to verify it meets the following conditions:
- The cloud service must be built with and operated using VMware vSphere and VMware vCloud director
- The vCloud User APIs must be exposed to cloud tenants
- Cloud tenants must be able to move virtual workloads packaged with the Open Virtualization Format (OVF) version 1.0
- The ability to upload OVFs built with virtual hardware version 9
- A test verifies the existence of a publicly available vCloud Director organization configured with:
- A user with credentials
- An organization virtual datacenter (Org VDC) with a direct connected Org VDC network bridged to the External network (no edge gateway), a private catalog to which the test user has read/write access and a Linux vApp template in the catalog configured to make a direct vApp network connection to the Org VDC network, receive inbound SSH connections and have outbound access to the Internet.
If you’re a service provider but not a VSPP member, join now. If you’re already in the VSPP program and not vCloud Powered, don’t miss out on this tremendous opportunity to grow your business. Power up today with VMware vCloud.
– The VMware Partner Network Team