We are well into Day 3 of Partner Exchange 2014 and everyone is buzzing about the latest VMware announcements and Global Award Winners after this morning’s General Sessions Keynote and breakout sessions.
Each year, VMware recognizes its partner community for their demonstrated excellence and achievements. This year we had Global Partner award recipients from around the world win in 18 categories. A big congratulations to the VMware partners, who received awards for their excellent performance and notable achievements in 2013.
· Application ISV Partner of the Year Global Winner: Amdocs
· Consulting and Integration Partner of the Year Global Winner: Capgemini
· Distributor Partner of the Year Global Winner: Arrow ECS Regional Winners: Ingram Micro (Americas), Zero One (Asia Pacific), Arrow ECS (EMEA)
· End User Computing Partner of the Year Global Winner: Presidio Regional Winners: Presidio (Americas), Net One Systems (Asia Pacific), Phoenix Software (EMEA)
· Emerging Markets Distributor Partner of the Year Global Winner: Zero One Technology Regional Winners: Ação Informática Brasil (Americas), PT Virtus and Zero One Technology (Asia Pacific), Afina (EMEA)
· Emerging Markets Solution Provider Partner of the Year Global Winner: Shaanxi Ruijin Electron Technology Co., Ltd Regional Winners: S2IT Solutions Consultoria Ltda (Americas), Shaanxi Ruijin Electron Technology Co., Ltd (Asia Pacific), Softline (EMEA)
· Enterprise Solution Provider Partner of the Year Global Winner: VADS Berhad Regional Winners: InterVision (Americas), VADS Berhad (Asia Pacific), Filippetti (EMEA)
· Mid Market Partner of the Year Regional Winner: PC Connection (Americas)
· OEM Global Partner of the Year Global Winner: Dell
· OEM Regional Partner of the Year Global Winner: Fujitsu
· Partner Executive of the Year Global Winner: Chris Ashby, Atea
· Renewals Partner of the Year Global Winner: COMPAREX Group Regional Winners: CDW (Americas), Datacom Australia (Asia Pacific), COMPAREX Group (EMEA)
· Rising Star Partner of the Year Global Winner: The Innov8 Partnership Regional Winners: Optio Data (Americas), SISL Infotech Pvt. Ltd. (Asia Pacific), The Innov8 Partnership (EMEA)
· Service Provider Partner of the Year Global Winner: Colt Technology Services Regional Winners: Logicworks (Americas), Fujitsu Australia (Asia Pacific), Colt Technology Services (EMEA)
· Software Defined Data Center Global Winner: AdvizeX Technologies Regional Winners: AdvizeX Technologies (Americas), CTC (Asia Pacific), Computacenter EMEA (EMEA)
· Solution Provider Partner of the Year Global Winner: Bechtle GmbH & Co. KG Regional Winners: SHI (Americas), Data #3 (Asia Pacific), Bechtle GmbH & Co. KG (EMEA)
· Technology Alliance Partner of the Year Global Winner: Palo Alto Networks
· Training Partner of the Year Global Winner: Global Knowledge US Regional Winners: Global Knowledge US (Americas), Koening (Asia Pacific), Global Knowledge UK (EMEA)
· vCloud Hybrid Service (vCHS) Partner of the Year Global Winner: CDW
You can read more about these winners by viewing the VMware News Release.
The General Sessions Keynote was yet another moment to be celebrated for more reasons than one. Sanjay Poonen, Executive Vice President and General Manager of End-User Computing at VMware, let it be known that “if you’re not thinking of mobile cloud, you are going to be left behind”. Sanjay made it especially known that VMware just may be trying to “software define everything… even toothbrushes!” Sanjay and his team want to help you and your company work at the speed of light regardless of what device you’re using.
To go hand in hand with Sanjay’s mobile conversation, VMware announced that it is joining forces with Google, as we continue into the Mobile Cloud Era. The goal of this partnership is to modernize corporate desktops for the Mobile Cloud Era by providing businesses with secure, cloud access to Windows applications, data and Desktops on Google Chromebooks.
This expanded relationship between Google and VMware enables enterprise customers to achieve greater security and lower Total Cost of Ownership of Google Chromebooks along with cloud access to current and legacy applications, delivered on the industry proven Desktop as a Service (DaaS) platform from VMware. (Source: VMware News Release).
Part II of the End-User Computing keynote included the announcement of the AirWatch acquisition, which will provide customers with the most complete solution to manage users, devices and applications across desktop and mobile environments. John Marshall, Founder and CEO of AirWatch, believes that “together we can lead this mobile industry”.
VMware CEO, Pat Gelsinger brought it all full circle by asking you, our valued partners, “Who do you want to hitch your wagon to?” Who you are going to bet on for leadership into the mobile cloud era? Is VMware one of the companies you want to commit your future to? Are you willing to Master the New Reality with us?
If there is one thing to note from this evolution of cloud growth, it is that staying educated and taking action are two necessary steps for the coming year. The goal here is to secure customer retention and help position your company as a relevant thought leader in the industry today.
Today’s General Sessions Keynote ended with Salman Khan, Founder and Executive Director of Khan Academy, a nonprofit with the mission of providing free, high-quality education to “anyone, anywhere” in the world as he shared his vision of what education is becoming. Learning and educating come in many forms. Whether it is through a company’s own training service, professional online videos or hands-on interactions at partner events, there is no denying that knowledge is power. With the goal of becoming the catalyst between education and success, VMware is doing it’s part to provide you with Quarterly launch presentation, Hands-on-labs, Training through Partner University, and offering free Workshops around the globe. In return, we ask you to take the first step in using these resources and joining us as we journey on to Master the New Reality of Cloud Computing together.
– The VMware Partner Network Team