We are well into day 2 of VMworld 2013 San Francisco, and what a day it has already been. In case you missed yesterday’s Partner Keynote given by VMware SVP, Dave O’ Callaghan, here are some highlights of his exciting talk, and all that is to come for Q4.
- We are building a Value Channel that is based on the principles of consistency, predictability and profitability; the underlying theme of our partner program is simplicity.
- In an effort to bring predictability to our partners we announced Rules of Engagement.
- We are excited to extend the existing Ad+ promotion for vSOM through the end of Q4 and we are also adding vSphere Data Protection Advanced to the offering.
Aside from the partner keynote highlights, we made some big announcements during today’s keynote. The announcement of the VMware vCloud Suite 5.5 brought the software-defined data center to life while fundamentally redefining the role of the hypervisor in the data center. The software-defined data center vision builds upon our heritage in compute virtualization by using the same principles of abstraction, pooling and automation to bring flexibility, automation and efficiency to storage and networking. This year, we’re delivering on the vision we laid out for the software-defined data center.
This new offering was designed to help IT accelerate their adoption of a software-defined data center architecture and take advantage of the value of advanced virtualization in areas such as networking and security, storage and availability, and management and automation.
As a VMware partner, you can profit from the SDDC by virtualizing entire data centers for your customers. This will allow you to take a deeper dive into customer accounts, offer incremental services and support, and build upon your relationship as a trusted advisor. Get a piece of this $28B market opportunity now.
Top 5 Partner Takeaways from the new VMware vCloud Suite 5.5:
- Increased revenue on services
- Expanded service portfolio: From vCloud Suite to Cloud Advisory, be sure to Assess, Design, Deploy and Optimize your services.
- Repeat Business: The vCloud Suite provides the necessary components to create a cloud architecture. As organizations grow, there is a consistent need for all the products we offer in our suite.
- Customer Cost Savings: Extend the capabilities of your customer data center now, and provide effective solutions to costly IT issues such as underutilized resources, manual and labor intense provisioning of applications.
- C- Level Recognition Within Your Customers Organization: Empower the customer CIO to provide a flexible infrastructure to LOBs, and eliminate the need for shadow IT. Act as trusted advisor to your customer as you help build their journey to SDDC with the vCloud Suite.
You can get all the info you need to learn about going to market and selling the new vSphere with Operations Management – Product Launch Playbooks below.
- vSOM Playbook
- vCloud Playbook
- cVHA Playbook
- Partner Enablement Resources
- Partner Launch Briefing Presentations: Nine presentations available to get partners up to speed on the VMworld announcements, including Sales and Technical overviews, Pricing and Licensing update, and Competitive update.
- New Partner Learning pages: Easy access to online Partner Education information on VMware.com, including professional learning paths, partner solution competencies and calendar of upcoming training events.
Have you had a chance to check out VMware NOW, your online destination for breaking news, live events, product announcements, and more? If not, then be sure to visit the active page and watch keynote replays and top videos of our VMware executives and partners.
Need more VMware during VMworld? Be sure to stop by our Partner Lounge located at the 2nd floor of the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco and record a Partner Lounge video. The studio will be set up with all the equipment you need to create your very own professional video. Not only are there video opportunities, we have giveaways as well! From iPad’s to jamboxes, don’t miss this fun opportunity to network and win great prizes.
We’ll see you at the Partner Lounge,
– The VMware Partner Network Team