Greetings from Las Vegas, where our partner community has converged to learn about our 2012 direction, connect with other partners and share best practices.
More than 4,300 partners, press, industry analysts and employees have joined us for VMware Partner Exchange. They are attending over 190 unique breakout sessions, working on 20+ hands-on labs, meeting with 91 sponsors and exhibitors in the Solutions Exchange, and networking with their peers.
I kicked off General Session today with a discussion on how VMware is enabling partners to grow and differentiate themselves through special partner programs, incentives and enablement:
• Three new solution competencies: Virtualization of Business Critical Applications (VBCA, available today), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS, available today), Management (available later in Q1)
• New specialization for the SMB vertical
• Lucrative advantage+ and Solution Rewards optimizations
• Launch of the VMware Solution Exchange
• New Consulting and Integration Partner Program (CIPP)
CEO Paul Maritz then outlined his vision for the new generation of IT and how, together, VMware and our partners can help customers extract real business value and competitive advantages. Finally, CTO Steve Herrod provided a sneak peek into some disruptive technologies and how we can collectively enable customers to transform their business through IT.
We are excited to share these and other announcements with all our attendees as well as journalists an analysts from around the world, including representatives from CRN, eWEEK, Gartner, IDC and TechTarget.
The next two days will further show that the cloud era is here and VMware is enabling our partners to lead the way. Watch live chatter and photos by searching Twitter for #VMwarePEX.
It’s going to be a great week.
Senior Vice President, Global Channels and Alliances