Hi All – As many of you know, HP has been a great partner to VMware for the past 8+ years and we’re proud to have such a long-standing relationship. Many of the solution providers that read this blog are also very close partners with HP so I wanted to let you know that this week we announced 5 exciting new solutions at HP TechForum 2010 in Las Vegas that are worth your time finding out more about.
We have been working with HP to validate these solutions to ensure our technologies work together seamlessly and we have created a series of technical, sales and marketing materials that should help you generate revenue and profitability with your customer base. The solutions are:
- Affordable Virtual SAN Appliance for SMBs: We’ve created a soft-bundle that channel partners can sell to their customers that combines VMware vSphere™ Essentials Plus with the HP P4000 Virtual SAN Appliance (VSA). This solution really targets SMB companies as it provides organizations with affordable, easy-to-deploy infrastructure virtualization.
- Enterprise-class scalability, performance and high availability: This solution provides high availability to midsize companies. We’ve validated that HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) Cluster is compatible with VMware vSphere to allow these customers to consolidate up to 600% more virtualized storage, reduce complexity, improve capacity utilization and lower management costs.
- Virtual desktop reference architecture: We have created a Converged Infrastructure reference architecture for VMware View featuring the new HP P4800 BladeSystem SAN. This solution, which is targeted at the VMware View market, brings value-added design plus full reference architecture to partners. We see the desktop market as a massive growth opportunity and we hear the same feedback from many of our solution providers.
- Simplify and Scale Infrastructure Virtualization: This solution combines HP’s networking module, HP Virtual Connect, with VMware vSphere to reduce complexity around the network. It provides scalability for up to 4x more VMs per blade, eliminates 95% of network access equipment and reduces power and cooling costs by 40 percent with the new HP ProLiant G7 servers.
- Faster time to value: This is a consulting solution on HP and VMware technologies that will enable partners to help their customers build out private clouds within their datacenter and deploy management, disaster recovery and business continuity, in addition to desktop virtualization across their infrastructures.
To find out more information about these solutions search on VMware Partner Central or at HP’s partner portal. View the release here: http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/hptechforum-vmw-hp-advisory.html
Senior Director, Global Partner Marketing