2010 – Get Ready, Set, Go
Whether you are a novice to the topic of virtualization or fast approaching the status of Virtualization Zen Master, my sincere advice for you as you kick-off the New Year and develop new revenue opportunities, is to make sure you maximize the exploding wealth of learning opportunities around these vital technologies.
The # 1 Opportunity to Maximize your Knowledge, Partner Exchange 2010, Las Vegas, Nevada.
In all earnestness, this VMware partner-dedicated conference is about one thing only — Helping you Get Ready and Get Going in 2010 to position yourself and your firm for huge success in the virtualization (server/desktop) and cloud computing marketplace. Here are some highlights VMware Partner Exchange 2010 has to offer:
1) More than 35 Sales and Business Development Sessions, 31 Technical Sessions
a. Sample of Topics (Beginner & Advanced levels) :
1. The Customer Journey to the Cloud.
2. Cloud Computing – Private Clouds, Public Clouds and Cloud Services
3. Infrastructure Virtualization (vSphere).
4. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, VMware View (server virtualization is big…this one will be bigger!)
5. Business Critical Applications in the Cloud.
6. Building a vPractice – 10 sessions focused on Services.
7. Channel Sales Best Practices from Sales Leaders in the field.
8. Vertical Markets – selling to SMB, healthcare, federal, public sector.
9. SpringSource – Virtualizing Enterprise Java Applications.
b. More than 11 hands-on, self-paced and instructor-led labs across the four virtualization solutions (Infrastructure Virtualization, Business Continuity, Desktop Virtualization, Virtualization Management).
c. More than30 Technology Alliance partner sessions and boot camps from the who’s who list in the business.
d. VMware Boot Camps: Infrastructure Virtualization Boot Camps, VCDX, VSP, VTSP, VCP. No kidding, this is serious stuff!
Finally, all work and no play is clearly not a recipe for success. In addition to many networking opportunities at the conference, we have several fun activities – including a super bowl party and a VMware reception hosted at the House of Blues (I can already see you packing!). We want to meet with you, and sure hope to see you there.
Maureen Lonergan is the Director of Global Channel Enablement. She has responsibility for building training programs to enable all Channel Partners; Solution Providers, Corporate Resellers, Technology Providers, Alliance Partners, System Integrators and System Outsourcers, and Hosting. She has been leading the Channel Enablement Team since August 2008.