WOW…did you attend VMworld? Did you feel the energy from the 12,000+ attendees, of which more than 5,000 were partners? Are you ready to take your customers on the Virtualization Journey? VMware vSphere 4 is the indisputable industry-leading virtualization platform – it is not some "good enough" come-to-market-late application. vSphere is the platform foundation for Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service, and Platform as a Service.
Virtualization Management is the key technology to help your customers "manage the factory," "offer a cloud," and "put apps on auto pilot," as Paul Maritz demonstrated in his keynote address at VMworld.
VMware vCenter Server provides a scalable and extensible platform that builds the foundation for virtualization management. This is as important for ten virtual machines as it is for tens of thousands of VMs and in a small business as well as large enterprise data centers.
There is a tremendous services opportunity for you, as a VMware partner, to help your customers move forward on their virtualization journey. The VMware vCenter family of products provide powerful solutions that fully leverage the capabilities of the VMware vSphere platform to deliver dramatically simplified and more effective IT management:
- Application Performance: Ensure business owners that performance SLAs will be met as you manage and ensure the performance of multi-tier applications.
- Capacity Management: Ensure service levels and minimize waste through optimized virtual infrastructure capacity.
- Dev/Test Cloud: Deliver on-demand access to a library of system configurations and simplify management of software testing and development.
- Chargeback: Get accurate costs for deploying virtualized workloads for cost transparency and accountability across business units when you can model, measure and assign costs for IT service delivery.
- Automated Provisioning: Reduce the number of administrators needed to manage your virtual infrastructure and automate and control virtual machine and server provisioning workflows.
Check out these resources:
Peter Drucker said, "The best way to predict the future is to create it!" It’s time for you to start creating your future. Let's go execute together.
Brandon Sweeney is the Vice President of Americas Channel Sales. He has responsibility for all channel partners; Solution Providers, Corporate Resellers, Technology Providers, Alliance Partners, System Integrators and System Outsourcers, and Hosting. He has been leading the Americas Partner Organization since 2007.