As 2012 comes to a close, we thought it would be a great time to end the year with some gifts to put under your (virtual) holiday tree!
2012 was a great year for automation in general, with the launch of the vCloud Suite 5.1, and orchestration in particular, with the release of vCenter Orchestrator 5.1. Our team was extremely happy to see a tremendous increase in vCO adoption, and a growing list of integrations with other management systems.
In that spirit, we are very glad to announce the availability of several integrations and learning tools to make your automation projects easier than ever before.
1. vCloud Automation Center 5.1, which was just released, provides the ability to extend pre-built processes and post-provisioning actions by invoking vCO workflows. This means that any technical integration or logic built in vCO can be leveraged by vCAC’s lifecycle-management platform, thereby broadening the realm of self-service provisioning and basic administration for consumers of IT services.
2. Reversely, the new vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for VMware vCloud Automation Center allows organizations to automate vCAC provisioning and post-provisioning tasks. With these two components, customers can leverage full bi-directional integration capabilities between vCloud Automation Center and vCenter Orchestrator.
3. Another new offering is the vCenter Orchestrator Elastic Service Plug-in. This plug-in provides a foundation for the self-scaling virtual datacenter, by automatically balancing the physical resources between virtual datacenters in VMware vCloud environments. This plug-in contains a rules engine that can analyze resource usage metrics (for instance, metrics captured by vCenter Operations Manager) and make scale-up or scale-down decisions automatically.
4. The vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for VMware Service Manager enables organizations to automate operations around Configuration, Incident, Task and Service Request management. Thanks to this plug-in, repetitive tasks such as updating an Incident or creating a Configuration Item when a new virtual machine is provisioned can now be fully automated.
5. And to help you take advantage of all of the above gifts, the VMware Training department just released over 10 self-paced vCO training videos available for free!
For additional information on these materials, please visit the following sites:
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 5.1 Extensibility Overview
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for vCloud Automation Center
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Elastic Service Plug-in
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for Service Manager
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator training videos on vmwarelearning.com
The entire vCO team wishes you the very best for the holidays and 2013.