We are extremely pleased to announce the General Availability of the VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for Microsoft Active Directory!
The VMware vCenter Orchestrator plug-in for Microsoft Active Directory allows organizations to automate the management of directory services tasks, particularly as they pertain to cloud provisioning use cases. For instance, the plug-in enables the automatic provisioning of vCloud Director organizations based on data retrieved from Active Directory. The plug-in also includes many administrative actions around computers, organizations, user groups and users, such as resetting passwords or adding users to a user group.
What versions of Active Directory are supported?
What versions of vCenter Orchestrator are supported?
The plug-in runs on VMware vCenter Orchestrator 4.1.x.
How many workflows and actions are there?
- Total number of Actions = 14
- Total number of Workflows = 32
What can the users do with the Active Directory Plug-in 1.0.0?
- Browse Users, Computers, Groups and Organizational Units in an Active Directory multi-domain forest
- Run pre-defined workflows like creation of Users, changing user Passwords and a lot more.
- Create new custom actions and workflows that serve better to their scenarios.
Where can I find more details about the Active Directory Plug-in 1.0.0?
Below are some resources to help you better understand the value and scope of the Microsoft Active Directory plug-in: