On 9/30/2016, VMware announced VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.0 at VMWorld in Las Vegas. We are truly excited about our latest OpenStack distribution that gives our customers the new features and enhancements included in the latest Mitaka release, an optimized management control plane architecture, and the ability leverage existing workloads in your OpenStack cloud.
VIO 3.0 is available for download here(Login may be required).
New features include:
- OpenStack Mitaka Support
VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.0 customers can leverage the great features and enhancements in the latest OpenStack release. Mitaka addresses manageability, scalability, and a greater user experience. To learn more about the Mitaka release, visit the OpenStack.org site at https://www.openstack.org/software/mitaka/
- Easily Import Existing Workloads
The ability to now directly import vSphere VMs into OpenStack and run critical Day 2 operations against them via OpenStack APIs enables you to quickly move existing development project or production workloads to the OpenStack Framework.
- Compact Management Control Plane
Building on enhancements from previous releases, organizations looking to evaluate OpenStack or to build OpenStack clouds for branch locations quickly and cost effectively can easily deploy in as little as 15 minutes. The VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.0 architecture has been optimized to support a compact architecture mode that dramatically reduces the infrastructure footprint saving resource costs and overall operational complexity.
If you are at VMWorld2016 in Las Vegas, we invite you to attend the following sessions to hear how our customers are using VMware Integrated OpenStack and learn more details about this great upcoming release.
VMWorld 2016 VMware Integrated OpenStack Sessions:
- MGT7752 – OpenStack in the Real World: VMware Integrated OpenStack 3.0 Customer Panel
- MGT7671 – What’s New in VMware Integrated OpenStack Version 3.0!
- NET8109 – Amadeus’s Journey Building a Software-Defined Data Center with VMware Integrated OpenStack and NSX
- NET8343 – OpenStack Networking in the Enterprise: Real-Life Use Cases
- NET8832 – The Role of VIO and NSX in Virtualizing the Telecoms Infrastructure
- SEC9618-SPO – Deep Dive: Extending L4-L7 Security Controls for VMware NSX and VMware Integrated OpenStack (VIO) Environments with Fortinet Next Generation
Try VMware Integrated OpenStack Today
- Take a free test drive, no installation required, with the the VMware Integrated OpenStack Hands-on Lab