We are pleased to announce the introduction of VMware NSX Advanced Firewall for VMware Cloud on AWS, which takes the network security capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC to a new level. Adding NSX Advanced Firewall features allows organizations to define security policies at Layer 7 while enabling deep packet inspection across all vNICS within the software-defined data center (SDDC).
NSX Advanced Firewall capabilities help you secure your applications against a never-expanding set of threats on the internet. Specifically, it includes a robust set of networking and security capabilities that enable customers to run production applications in the cloud.
This capability allows you to:
- Detect attempts at exploiting vulnerabilities in your workloads.
- Gain protection against vulnerabilities inside your SDDC with granular application-level security policies.
- Reduce the attack surface of your workloads by allowing only the intended application traffic to run in your SDDC.
- Seamlessly provide inspection for all traffic without a single inspection bottleneck.
- Achieve your compliance goals.
- Customers can purchase the NSX Advanced Firewall as an add-on in VMware Cloud on AWS.
Get the full summary on the VMware Cloud Blog or directly access the product page.
Alfonso Peña Quintana
Good functionality for VMC